Residential Support Workers
|Job Title:||Residential Support Workers|
|Salary:||£13 - 16 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
JOB TITLE: Residential Support Workers
LOCATION: Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire
PLACEMENT: ASAP, from 33 hours per week, Waking Night Shifts
PAY RATE: PAYE from £13 per hour & Umbrella from £16 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Residential Support Workers to provide services to our client who has a short breaks service based in Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire.
The client provides residential short breaks supporting young people with learning disabilities and complex health needs.
The client requires candidates who are passionate about and committed to working with children and young people who have moderate to severe learning disabilities. As a Residential Worker you'll help the team provide a safe, stimulating, fun and caring environment, supporting the children with household tasks and all aspects of their care.
- Work as a team and individually to provide a flexible responsive, high quality and person centred care to children young people and their families based on an assessment of need and to access to a range of stimulating and safe activities and experiences within and external to the home.
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with children young people and their families by providing emotional, social and practical support to young people who can display challenging emotional and social difficulties
- Establish relationships and links within the community to assist the child, young person and their family.
- Support children and young people in their personal care, administration of medication and clinical procedures in line with organisational policies and procedures
- Ensure that the views and needs of children/young people are heard and responded to by promoting communication and participation
- Undertake routine household tasks e.g. cooking washing shopping and/or supporting young people to undertake these tasks to enable the smooth running of the home and to promote independence.
- Contribute to the development and evaluation of care plans and input to service planning meetings where required and attend meetings as directed, reporting issues raised to line management.
- Refer issues as appropriate that requires specialist or management support.
- Record observations and maintain up to date files (paper and electronic), utilising agreed systems and procedures; undertake administrative processes as necessary to maintain systems, procedures and office practices
- Previous experience and knowledge working with Service users (ideally children and young people) with Learning Disabilities and Physical Disabilities and challenging behaviour.
- Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent within two years of taking up post
- The ability to engage with, build and maintain rapport with services users.
- Understanding of diversity and relevance to this post
- Knowledge of safeguarding and risk assessment
- Excellent communication skills.
- DBS check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available