Residential Team Manager - Worcester
|Job Title:||Residential Team Manager - Worcester|
|Salary:||£20 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||18 days ago|
Residential Team Manager – Worcester
Pay rate: £20.00ph
Main purpose of job:
To ensure that the quality of life and educational opportunity of Children in Care is maximised by timely, stable residential placements that are comprehensively supported across all agencies.
Responsibilities, duties and tasks:
2.1 Under the direction of the Operational Manager to provide leadership and management to secure the following outcomes:
- Safeguarding standards are agreed, understood, implemented and monitored throughout;
- The distance between assessment, placement and support is as short as possible and there is whole system action to keep placements stable and secure;
- There is equity of access and opportunity to be healthy, safe and to learn and achieve for children and young people;
- Contribution to operational development of the service that supports the whole system approach to integrated practice;
- All placements operate to high standards and within statutory requirements;
- Recording practices are safe and secure and routinely monitored;
- Planning of team development takes account of assessed need and results of regulatory inspections, where relevant;
- Strong partnerships are developed with health trusts and other agencies in order to provide access to health provision that will support emotional and physical health and development at universal and specialist levels for children and young people;
- Children, young people, adults and their families are routinely involved in evaluating and developing services to meet their needs;
- High quality outcome and solution-focused practice is sustained that builds on the strengths of children, young people and families, as well as tackling weaknesses;
- Professional practice is built on clear evidence of the effectiveness of particular ways of working, supported by clear and effective professional development links;
2.2 Development is cohesive and compliant with national frameworks and standards through:
- The effective membership of the management team;
- Compliance with relevant legislation and guidance to ensure delivery of services which are high performing against national standards.
2.3 Specific management tasks are undertaken effectively:
- To manage the day-to-day operations of the team;
- To monitor and manage specific budgets as agreed with Operational Manager
- To ensure that complaints are fully investigated, effectively monitored and to ensure that learning is appropriately disseminated; in accordance with Children’s Services procedures
- To keep up-to-date with social care practice and relevant legislation and guidance;
- To deputise, as required for the Operational Manager;
2.4 The effective recruitment, supervision, management and development of team members, and through them, to ensure that needs of children and young people are effectively met;
- To manage and monitor the work and performance of team members, through effective regular individual supervision, and to be accountable for the quality of the work of both individuals and the team.
- To be responsible for all matters of discipline and performance of staff, in line with Council and Service procedures, deal with disciplinary and grievance procedures at the earlier stages and delegate as appropriate. At the direction of the Operational Manager, to participate in later stages.
- To manage staff selection procedures and appointments, in line with Council and Service procedures, and delegate as appropriate.
- To manage staff sickness absence, in line with Council and Service procedures, and delegate as appropriate.
- To conduct individual staff appraisals, identifying training and developmental requirements to sustain and enhance the services of the Directorate;
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 02085149176
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Registered Manager- Residential Respite Services- South London
Salary: £44,373 - 51,562 per year
Registered Manager- Children's Services -Portsmouth
Salary: £32 - 36 per hour
Registered Manager- Children's Services - St Helens
Salary: £16.00 - 20.68 per hour
Senior Practitioner - Children's - Basildon
Salary: £189.80 - 189.80 per day