Residential Support Worker
|Job Title:||Residential Support Worker|
|Salary:||£13.00 - 15.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||12 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Residential Support Worker
LOCATION: Edinburgh, Scotland
PLACEMENT: To Start ASAP, 37 hours per week
PAY RATE: PAYE from £13 per hour & Umbrella from £15.50 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Residential Support Worker to provide services to our client who has a short breaks and residential service based in Edinburgh.
The client requires candidates who are passionate about and committed to working with children and young people who have moderate to severe learning disabilities and challenging behaviour.
As a Residential Worker you'll help the team provide a safe, stimulating, fun and caring environment, supporting the children with household tasks and all aspects of their care.
The post holder will be expected to support 2 young people at all time in a team of 3 members of staff
You will make a difference by:
- Supporting children and young people in their personal care, administration of medication and clinical procedures in line with the services policies and procedures.
- Contributing to the development and evaluation of care plans and risk assessments.
- Ensuring safeguarding practices are in place.
- Planning and executing activities for service users to promote a healthy and positive lifestyle.
- Promoting independence and Equality & Diversity throughout the service.
- Previous experience and knowledge working with Service users (ideally children and young people) with Learning Disabilities and Physical Disabilities and challenging behaviour.
- Level 3 QCF Working with Children and Young People or equivalent is desirable, or the willingness to work towards this.
- A positive and approachable manner.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding.
- The ability to engage with, build and maintain rapport with services users.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enhanced Scottish DBS check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's