Revenues Officer (Corporate Resources) | Islington
3 Month Temp Contract - Monday to Friday - 37 hours
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Revenues Officer for the Corporate Resources Department in Islington.
To put into practice the Council's vision of a seamless local service delivery, by providing an administrative and customer service function supporting the Contact Centre. To provide a wide range of best in class services that reflects and meets the needs of the diverse local community. To provide all services in a customer focused, courteous and efficient manner.
- To deal with Council Tax & Housing Benefit enquiries, by telephone and electronic means (including taking payments) in accordance with customer care strategies and corporate policy.
- To deal with callers in a polite, friendly and efficient manner being sensitive to the needs of different customer groups, ensuring rapid and appropriate responses for customers who may be distressed, irate and aggressive, and including those with special needs.
- To be readily identifiable as a Contact Islington Agent. To comply always with the dress code.
- To work shift patterns within designated Contact Islington operational hours including evening and weekend working.
- To be an effective and productive member of a front line, customer focused team, contributing to meetings, team building, and continuous improvement.
- Ensure all customer details are identified and recorded accurately on the relevant computer systems, ensuring compliance with the Council's policies and procedures for ensuring the confidentiality of customers' information.
- To work to a consistently high standard, and on own initiative, complying with systems developed to demonstrate quality, including external assessment and customer feedback.
- To participate in sharing knowledge and skills, carrying out routine training for new staff on systems and end to end processes.
- To liaise with the staff of other departments, external organisations and to attend meetings as required to continuously improve services.
- To multi-task and cover all agent roles within the Service.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 2 Years Minimum Admin Experience dealing with Council Tax & Benefits
- Customer Service Experience dealing with Enquiries of Council Tax and Benefits
- An NVQ level 3 in admin/Customer Service
Salary is £12 - £14ph.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and care professionals.
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Alex Tomkins on 0208 514 9131.