Revenues Officer - Walthamstow
|Job Title:||Revenues Officer - Walthamstow|
|Salary:||£20 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Revenues Officer – Walthamstow (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £20.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To play a major role within the Revenues Team responsible for the billing collection and recovery of Council Tax and Business Rates of approximately £147 million per annum. To be committed to excellence in Revenue collection and high standards of customer care.
- To deal with customer correspondence and enquiries in person, by email, by telephone or by letter, providing an excellent, polite and courteous service at all times.
- Make decisions in respect of liabilities and reliefs, discounts and exemptions in accordance with law and policy guidelines, referring any matters of doubt to the Senior Revenues Officer.
- To ensure that the maximum possible take up of, discounts, exemptions and reliefs are awarded to reduce liability of those entitled to them.
- To assist the council’s representative at court if required.
- To liaise and work with other Council departments and officers within Customer Services as and when necessary.
- To liaise with outside organisations (Voluntary Organisations, Solicitors, Estate Agents, Landlords/Letting Agents, Housing Providers) and Government bodies (Department of Work and Pensions, HM Revenues & Customs) where appropriate when dealing with liability and collection of arrears.
- Maintain knowledge of legislation, including debt collection, enforcement and insolvency law, ensuring that processes and decisions are applied in accordance with law and policy guidelines.
- Work as part of a team to achieve collection targets and to provide effective Recovery action.
- Prepare court lists and case notes in relation to recovery for Magistrates’ Court proceedings.
- Liaise with enforcement agencies and monitor their actions to ensure they adhere to Council guidelines, and that payments are collected in accordance with Council policies and agreed contract.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be requested by the Revenues and Benefits Manager.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Revenues Manager- South Cambridgeshire
Salary: £51,037 - 59,388 per year
Governance Officer - Derby
Salary: £11.59 - 11.59 per hour
Estates Officer - Nottingham
Salary: £25.02 - 25.02 per hour
Homeless officer -Islington
Salary: £25 per hour
Finance Officer - Fareham
Salary: £17 per hour