|Job Title:||School Chef|
|Salary:||£12.74 - 12.74 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Emma Fisher|
|Job Published:||10 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Cook to support our client based in Keyworth, Nottingham.
This position is based at a school and will be 25 hours per week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Preparation and cooking of meals for clients, staff, and visitors, which fulfils the cultural, religious, and dietary requirements within the unit.
- To ensure menus are adhered to, the food is of a satisfactory quality and quantity, is presented attractively and served at the appropriate time.
- Deputise for Cook-in-Charge in his/her absence.
- Supervise and delegate areas of work to assistant cooks/kitchen domestics as required and ensure this is carried out satisfactorily.
- Ensuring good hygiene standards are always observed in the kitchen and establishing satisfactory cleaning rotas to ensure all work is carried out.
- To check deliveries for quality and quantity and take any appropriate action necessary.
- To report promptly any defects in equipment used.
- To work with due regard for his/her personal safety and that of others in the kitchen.
- To ensure appropriate confidentiality and security of information including information technology as stipulated by the 'Information Security Strategy' and relevant legislation.
- In accordance with relevant legislation and codes of practice, to take reasonable care for your health, safety, and welfare and that of other persons who may be affected by the performance of your duties.
- To exercise proper care in handling, operating, and safeguarding any equipment or appliances provided and issued by the County Council for the postholder's individual or collective use in the performance of his/her duties.
- Cooking for similar numbers for reasonable period.
- Experience of planning menus and ordering provisions within budget allocation.
- Job related City & Guilds or equivalent.
- Hygiene Certification.
- Must be willing to undertake training as required.
- Experience of managing other catering staff.
- Managing Health & Safety issues.
- Ability to work unsupervised and to produce nutritious economical, well-presented meals of good quality to meet client’s needs.
- Ability to form good working relationships with other staff.
- Ability to relate to young people.
- Ability to liaise with a variety of suppliers.
- Be prepared to work weekends and Bank Holidays.
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 07442 626 815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's