Seasonal Treatments Operative - Leicestershire
|Job Title:||Seasonal Treatments Operative - Leicestershire|
|Salary:||£12.50 - 12.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
Seasonal Treatments Operative – Leicestershire (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £12.50ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To work as part of a team to deliver a seasonally-based best value, customer-focussed service throughout Leicestershire and occasionally, surrounding counties. You will maintain the condition of the road network through the application of surface dressing material over the summer period, and, during winter months, provide precautionary night salting treatments to ensure safe passage along the highway.
- Activities included in this job specification are: Surface Dressing; Winter Service Gritting; Snow Clearance; Flood Prevention Stock Preparation; Other LGV driving
- Laying bitumen, spreading, levelling and laying of materials to lines and levels.
- Erection and removal of appropriate signs, lights and barriers
- Drive/operate specialist plant to perform all highways operations, and use equipment such as ride-on rollers, mechanical aggregate chip spreaders, fixed and de-mountable gritters, telehandlers etc to meet contractual requirements
- Precautionary winter salting and snow clearance
- Any other general highway maintenance tasks, deemed suitable for completion during night hours in winter, and to support other daytime Highways activities in summer.
- Carry out daily routine maintenance to appropriate vehicle and plant, complying with relevant legislation (e.g driver’s hours regulations, European Drivers Regulations, safe loads and weights) to ensure safe and continued use
- To take part, on request, in a Standby rota to assist in emergency situations in order to provide out of hours cover, receiving instruction to attend sites and making the area safe prior to permanent solutions being put in place
- To comply with all Health and Safety legislation, Traffic Management requirements and Operational Highways safety and quality procedures to ensure personal safety and that of colleagues and the general public. To comply with all Quality Management Systems, quality procedures and working practices.
- To maintain training records in accordance with the requirements of the personal development process
- To comply with all authority and departmental policies, management systems, procedures and working practices (especially in relation to Health and Safety procedures).
- To comply with risk assessments and safe working practices, ensuring a safe working environment, having regard to statutory requirements such as Health and Safety, COSHH Regulations and Driver’s Hours Regulations.
- To offer advice and guidance to less experienced operatives when working together in a mature manner to help them increase their skills and knowledge.
- To actively promote equality of opportunity, work towards eliminating discrimination and promote good relations between all groups of people
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 020 8514 9117.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available