SEN Caseworker - Bury
Salary: £19.07 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a SEN Caseworker for a local authority in Bury.
Duties and Experience:
- To manage a caseload of children and young people (0-25 years) who have SEND and require an EHC needs assessment or an Education, Health and Care Plan - supporting them to achieve the best possible outcomes
- To ensure that the statutory Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment of children and young people is carried out within the framework of the Children & Families Act 2014 and the SEND Code of Practice 2015 and within the prescribed timescales
- To produce high quality Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans for children and young people from 0-25, ensuring compliance with the Children and Families Act 2014, the Equality Act 2010 and the SEND Code of Practice 2015
- To support parents, young people, EY settings, schools, colleges, social care and health colleagues to develop SMART outcomes for children and young people leading to appropriate preparing for adulthood pathways
- To ensure that the voice of the child and young person and parent is central to the assessment, planning and review process using person centred planning and co-production practices
- Attendance at reviews where required to ensure that children and young people’s needs, outcomes and provision are clearly identified and relevant to support the child or young people to achieve the best possible outcomes
- To ensure that EHCPs are updated following a review within the statutory timelines.
- To guiding settings and parents and young people to the right provision a SEN Support level – signposting to the Local Offer and other services which support early intervention
- To support parents and young people with good quality information on the EHCP process and signpost to others including SENDIASS/Parents forum if parents require more specific information and support
- To provide good quality information and support to parents, young people, partners and stakeholders in relation to EHCP processes and decision making
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and care professionals.
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Jodi Jackson on 0208 911 1084