SEN Planning Review Officer - Dorset
|Job Title:||SEN Planning Review Officer - Dorset|
|Salary:||£10.63 - 10.63 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||6 days ago|
SEN Planning Review Officer – Dorset
Full-Time (37 hours)
To undertake the transfer of Statements to Education, Health and Care Plans (where appropriate) in line with the statutory requirements of the Children and Families Act 2014 and under the direction of SEN Managers.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of current legislation and best working practices relating to the Local Authority SEN function.
- Draft (and later finalise) Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) consistent with interpretation of current Statement, collated professional advice, the needs of the child, statutory requirements, local policy and the Local Offer.
- Facilitate, or occasionally chair, meetings (usually Transfer Reviews) with young people, parents, schools and professionals to undertake the transfer process.
- Work proactively with parents and carers of children with SEND and liaise with schools, colleges, Early Years settings and other services and agencies as appropriate.
- Advise on the provision of transport and the use of Passenger Assistants in line with LA policy and guidance.
- Assist in the production of management information through interrogation of manual and computer based systems.
- Participate in and contribute to mediation and disagreement resolution where appropriate.
- Provide advice and information to parents, professionals and Panels.
- Liaise with SEN Planning Coordinators to arrange school admissions and school transfers of pupils with EHCPs within Dorset in accordance with national and local guidelines.
- Recommend SEN provision in conjunction with young people and their families, a wide range of professionals, service providers and under the guidance of SEN Managers.
- Attend Panels and a variety of meetings, take notes and take relevant actions following the meeting/Panel.
- Check the quality of completed work of the SEN Administrative Team relating to individual cases.
- Attend appropriate local and regional conferences as required.
- Responsible for ensuring data quality and as such the integrity of management information through the proper use and safekeeping of data and record systems both manual and computerised
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- Any other duties at a commensurate level as may be required.
- Any other lesser or comparable duties as required.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 02085149176
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Planning - Bolton
Salary: £27.58 - 27.58 per hour
Accommodation Support Officer - Flintshire
Salary: £10.54 - 10.54 per hour
Environmental Health Officer - H&F
Hammersmith & Fulham
Salary: £22.09 - 22.09 per hour
Advice & Information Officer - MASH
Salary: £9.72 - 9.72 per hour