SEND Assessment & Commissioning Officer - Kirklees
|Job Title:||SEND Assessment & Commissioning Officer - Kirklees|
|Salary:||£300 per day|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||6 days ago|
SEND Assessment & Commissioning Officer – Kirklees (Temp Vacancy)
Full-Time (37 hours)
**Working from home**
- You will hold a complex caseload within which you will have responsibility for effective EHC needs assessment, planning and review
- Coordinated, person centred, outcome focussed and holistic EHC needs assessment and review
- Clear, concise and accessible EHC Plans, which are person centred, clearly identify needs, have SMART outcomes, identify appropriate provision and support and are forward looking, with planning for key transition points
- Statutory compliance including statutory timescales. You will have day to day management responsibility of SEND Assessment & Review Co-ordinators and Business Support Officers, delegating appropriately and having oversight of their work
- Your caseload will include complex casework, this will include preparation, coordination and representation at SEND Tribunal. You may also have oversight of a cohort of children and young people in specific circumstances ie. Looked After Children, Electively Home Educated Children
- You will carry out robust quality assurance and monitoring against performance measures in order to drive continuous improvement
- Statutory work relating to EHC needs assessment, planning and review in accordance with legislative requirements and local policy and practice. Ensuring effective consideration/balance of priorities e.g. the entitlement of the child/young person, efficient use of resources, parental preference.
- Promote a culture of high performance, self-evaluation and continuous improvement. Carry out rigorous quality assurance and robust monitoring against performance measures.
- Attending mediation, preparing cases and representing the LA at SEND Tribunal hearings. Respond to other legal challenges such as Ombudsman and responding to the DfE where parents seek involvement from the Secretary of State.
- Use lessons from Tribunal outcomes to develop best practice and support effective consideration of future Tribunal appeals.
- Develop and promote positive working relationships with parents, schools and practitioners across Education, Health and Care and positively represents the SENDACT through own practice and taking ownership of service level decision making i.e. decisions regarding assessment, placement and resources.
- Effectively support and utilise multi-agency/multidisciplinary panel arrangements, to enable timely, transparent and accountable decisions regarding EHC needs assessment and provision for children and young people.
- Contribute to service improvements and work collaboratively to meet service priorities.
- Provide support and guidance to less experienced colleagues and multi-agency partners.
- Ensure personal budgets are planned, commissioned and reviewed in line with legislative and procedural requirements.
- Efficient use of IT systems for effective recording and work within administrative, data sharing and financial procedures.
- Please see your responsibilities related to safeguarding.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall 020 8514 9176.