SEND Case Worker – Nottingham
4Recruitment Services require an experienced SEND Case Worker to work join an authority within Nottingham.
Roles and Responsibilities;
- Responsible for the line management of ICDS case workers, duty officers and service organisers, ensuring service standards, performance outcomes and statutory requirements are met.
- Responsible for ensuring high profile cases have a dynamic Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP) that accurately represents the child or young person and their needs.
- To hold a small case load of complex cases
- Responsible for decision making at the point of Duty and ensuring that all communication and contact with young people, parents and schools is timely, supportive, and constructive, so that confidence in the service is maintained and improved
- Accurately record, input and maintain case records as per service standards.
- To prepare the local authority’s statement of case and take the lead on and represent the local authority at SEN Medication and First Tier Tribunals.
- To be the link officer for up to 10 independent non maintained schools and maintained special schools, ensuring that Head Teachers and SENco’s discharge their statutory duties in respect of children and young people with an EHCP
- To lead and facilitate annual reviews for all children and young people who have the status of EOTAS, EHE or who are being educated in a Non-Section 41 school.
To apply for this role you must have:
- Educated to a level 6 or above qualification in a Children’s Services or Adult related area
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of complex case management
- Knowledge and understanding of SEND education and its management across a range of educational settings and providers.
- Knowledge of the barriers facing children and young people with SEND and the challenge of inclusion
- Working knowledge and application of the Children and Families Act 2014, SEND Regulations 2015 and SEND Code of Practice 2014
- Knowledge of the Nottinghamshire graduated approach funding system and Decision Support Tool (DST)
Salary is £250 per day
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area, please contact Liam Murphy on 0208 911 1091