|Job Title:||Senior Accountant|
|Salary:||Pay rate negotiable|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||27 days ago|
We are currently looking for a Senior Accountant to work with one of our clients based in Basildon. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
08:00 am - 17:00 pm
Pay rates Negotiable
- This role is within the Management Accounting Team which is responsible for the preparation and regular budget monitoring of the General Fund budgets, including the annual Council Tax setting process. The Team also supports the corporate transformation agenda in particular with regard to accounting and monitoring efficiency targets as well as providing innovative professional accountancy support to a range of front-line and support services.
- Development of the Council’s Medium Term Financial Strategy.
- Development and preparation of the Financial forward forecast modelling.
- Preparation of the Council’s annual budget for the General Fund for Council Tax setting.
- Preparation of information for the completion of the annual statutory final accounts for the General Fund in accordance with accounting practices.
- Providing Members and Officers of all directorates with appropriate guidance and training on financial issues.
- Preparation of regular budgetary control reports for presentation to the Senior Leadership Team, Members and Committees in support of the Section 151 responsibilities.
- The provision of a business advisory role and guidance on financial matters and support to cost centre managers.
- Maintenance of corporate financial management systems (FMS) including General Ledger and Purchase Ordering.
- Support the organisation in the delivery of the corporate transformation agenda, including monitoring achievement of targets.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's