Senior Asset Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Asset Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
We are currently looking for a Senior Assest Surveyor to work with one of our clients based in East Sussex
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Temp contract (6 Months)
Pay rate - £20ph
Responsible for long term strategic planning of forward maintenance within a specific asset group, to ensure best value whole life cost. The Senior Asset Engineer is also the technical expert and specialist advisor for highway assets within their asset family, providing technical support across the Contract Management Team within a specialist area.
- Responsible for holding a caseload, including complex cases where there are competing and demanding deadlines; provide advice on policy, legal and regulatory issues and produce records of actions taken in respect of cases and record outcome and decisions.
- Responsible for supporting other members of the team, including mentoring and training other members of staff, supporting them with more complex enquiries, appeal procedures and escalations.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation and professional area and provide advice on legal and regulatory issues, including interpretation of local policy. Be the subject matter expert for the service on one or more areas of specialism.
- Provide professional advice and information in relation to the service area to internal and/or external customers including the production of written advice for the intranet, internet or external publications as required.
- Deputise for the line manager as required, including attendance at external meetings.
- Responsible for responding to complaints from customers, including appeals, following local procedures for handling complaints.
- Responsible for monitoring local budgets so budgets are used appropriately and effectively, maintaining records to account for spending.
- Independently manage projects and hold accountability for delivery of the project objectives. This will include ensuring project documentation is produced and maintained and progress is reported to the project sponsor and project board, engagement with stakeholders, responsibility for decision making and obtaining approvals through relevant governance processes.
- Responsible for managing small to medium contracts which includes ensuring contracts represent value for money, setting and monitoring KPIs, resolving contract issues and escalating compliance issues to contract sponsor as appropriate.
- Ensure policies, procedures and regulations are followed by self and members of the team and lead on the development of local policies, procedures, systems, and guidance in response to changes in legislation and best practice.
- Plan and organise long term programmes of work including allocation of work to other members of the team, having regard to the effective use of resources and safe working practices.
- Provide management data and reports to the Managers and to the Senior Management Team
- Develop and maintain local and/or national professional networks and relationships with external organisations and professionals, including with partnership organisations.
- Review the service provision and make recommendations for improvement to local systems, taking a lead on implementing changes
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Air Conditioning Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £40k - 42k per year
Electrical maintenance engineer
Salary: £16 - 17 per hour
Electrical Maintenance Engineer - Nights
Salary: £36k - 38k per year
Salary: £17 - 18 per hour
Site Supervisor - Building Servcies
Salary: £42k - 45k per year