Senior Building Surveyor
|Job Title:||Senior Building Surveyor|
|Salary:||£238 per day|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
We are currently looking for a Senior Building Surveyor. You will be working in Enfield.
Monday - Friday
09:00am - 17:00pm
Day rate - £238 per day
- Motivate the team to deliver high performance
- Ensure that corporate/departmental people practices are understood and implemented within your service
- Effectively manage budgets and projects within your service ensuring effective cost management and prioritisation
- Monitor and evaluate your team’s performance and recommend areas for improvement based on evidence
- As Project Building Surveyor / Contract Administrator on individual projects of various, size, complexity or sensitivity. This may include Option Appraisals / Feasibility Studies / specialist surveys and reports, requiring analysis of information and justification of any proposals.
- To manage delivery of building related projects, comprising among others, the Council’s corporate building portfolio, housing and schools. Preparation of status reports and reports for works authorisation
- Management and monitoring of external consultants in support of Lifecycle Replacement Manager; ensuring the service provided mirrors that provided by the in-house team in terms of consistency of specification, cost & quality standards; compliance with Council policies and practice, and relevant legislation. Act as Project Manager when designated
- Initiate and contribute to service development within the team; the application of performance management principles in pursuit of the development of an excellent service; meeting and exceeding customer expectation, ensuring projects meet cost, quality and time requirements.
- As Senior Building Surveyor, provide advice to clients, council officers, members as appropriate on matters relating to Building Surveying/Lifecycle management; contribute to developing policies, procedures, core standards to achieve best value in the design, maintenance and procurement of buildings. This may relate to maintenance methodology (e.g. use of new technologies), procurement strategies (e.g. use of partnering / frameworks), I.T. systems (e.g. Specification writing packages) and particularly options appraisals and life-cycle costing
- Uphold all Council corporate policies, procedures, initiatives. Follow due process for obtaining authority, preparing, or contributing to / consulting on Committee Reports, Forward Plans, Key Decisions. Undertake / contribute to any devolved actions, including representing the Service on cross-departmental working parties, Project Boards etc. Deputise for the Lifecycle Replacement Manager when required.
- Ensure Construction teams follow Council Procedure Procurement Rules and industry profession guidance (e.g. JCT Code of Practice for Selective Tendering). Ensure projects are programmed properly so that necessary activities are undertaken in good time, allowing for compliance with Council Contract Procedures Rules, and where relevant, EU legislation, plus necessary approvals.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Harry Cavell on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Building Services Engineer
Salary: £17.50 - 19.00 per hour
Estates Surveyor - Bristol
Salary: £22.88 - 22.88 per hour
Senior Engineer - Flood Risk/Drainage
Hammersmith & Fulham
Salary: £22 - 24 per hour
M&E Project Manager
Salary: £50k - 60k per year + £400 car allowance per month
Multi Skilled Mobile Engineer
Salary: £19.50 - 19.50 per hour