Senior Business Support Officer - Kent
|Job Title:||Senior Business Support Officer - Kent|
|Salary:||£14 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Senior Business Support Officer – Kent (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £14.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- To provide an oversight of all business support functions within the Youth Offending Service including i) HR (monitoring staff leave, sickness), ii) Finance (i.e. petty cash) and iii) Data recording (ChildView) and iv) Health and Safety and v) Building Maintenance and to vi) supervise a small team of business support officers.
- To advise and support the YOS Management Team on operational matters regarding the YOS Business Support Team and ensure delivery of their key performance objectives within the service.
- To supervise a team of business support officers to provide high quality administrative services across the service. To provide appropriate supervision (to include PADS and Annual leave) and guidance to staff to ensure that work is undertaken and completed to a high standard and in line with Bromley’s Recording Procedures and concurrent Data Protection Act(s) and that staff are appropriately supported and trained to undertake the work required.
- To manage finance within authorised limits and to comply with financial regulations. This includes taking responsibility for statutory, banking IPROC, section 17 cash and PHSBC transactions & authorisations for all purchases made using the credit card and taking personal responsibility for the safe use of this card at all times, with a single transaction limit of £500 and monthly credit limit £2500 to track all purchases and provide an account of all receipts. To arrange for cheque payments as appropriate. Authorising agency staff expenses on a weekly basis as appropriate for own team and signing timesheets. Safe-keeping of petty cash collections up to £100.00. Authorisation of travel warrants for staff. And any other administrative financial requests as deemed appropriate to the grade.
- To ensure that all Youth Offending Service Meetings are recorded and minutes are distributed within 10 days and to keep up to date information systems on the performance of the service in these areas and the timely recording of this.
- To communicate either face to face by letter or telephone with service users and the multi-agency network to ensure that enquiries are responded to in a timely way and meetings set up or communications followed through to outcome.
- To liaise with a range of external agencies and internal divisions and departments in order to set up meetings, or contact arrangements and book rooms for YOS staff as requested.
- To provide statistical information to YOS Management Team as required and in accordance with good record keeping and to liaise with Performance Management Team, other internal divisions and departments.
- Ensure maintenance of all records and systems ensuring that accurate and appropriate information is available to Managers when required.
- To minute meetings as required.
- To delegate responsibilities to business support staff in accordance with their role and function and over see that the work is completed to a high standard.
- Coordinate the recruitment and selection procedures for other staff as required by the Head of Youth Offending Service and liaise with partner agencies’ personnel departments.
- To record and report team sickness and annual leave in line with departmental policy.
- Provide cover for main YOS reception in accordance with service needs.
- Responsible for Health and Safety requirements for the YOS premises, including organisation of cleaning, repair and maintenance issues.
- Have an understanding and commitment to Bromley’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, as required to ensure the efficient and effective running of the Department.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Hillingdon - Technical support officer
Salary: £14 per hour
HR Support Officer - Tower Hamlets
Salary: £18 per hour
Senior Legal Officer - Wakefield
Salary: £15 per hour
Senior HR Operations Officer - Bristol
Salary: £14 per hour
Brokerage Officer - Islington
Salary: £21 per hour