Senior Communications Officer | Gloucestershire County Council
Hours: Full-Time - 37 hours (4 months with possible extensions)
Salary: £250 - £300 per day
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Senior Communications Officer forGloucestershire County Council.
Our clients Ideally looking for full time hours (37 hrs) but would be willing to discuss for the right person. You will be speaking to the press on a regular basis where it would be politically restricted.
The purpose of this role is to lead integrated communications support on a campaign by campaign basis working as required across all channels and disciplines (media, marketing, digital, design, consultation and internal communications) You would effectively communicate and engage with a broad range of stakeholders. You will be designated to lead on Campaigns or Media, in line with the annual communications plan and resource requirements. You will develop and deliver communications/campaign/media plans for specified projects for Gloucestershire County Council clusters and, potentially, external clients such as Gloucester City Council.
- Working with a Communications Business Adviser, to understand the strategic outcomes and requirements of individual services or external clients and translate into communications plans and delivery programmes.
- To deliver integrated communications/campaign plans that support the objectives of the council (as part of the council’s annual communications plan).
- Providing constructive challenge where needed, to recommend the right communications tools and channels for each campaign or project using evidence and audience insight.
- To develop and deliver engaging content - including photography, audio, video and online material - and ensure it is evaluated effectively as part of campaign delivery.
- As part of a Digital First team, to oversee an area of the GCC website and work with the Digital Engagement Business Adviser to ensure the best possible user experience.
- Act as a mentor for other members of the team, ensuring that colleagues are supported and gain skills in all communications disciplines.
- To manage online and offline media activity, build relationships with all media and co-ordinate an effective response to all online and offline media enquiries.
- Lead on shared working and joint campaigns with public sector partners.
- Make regular recommendations about improving communications channels and then lead on projects to improve the council’s communication with key stakeholders.
- Provide support to the wider team during emergencies or crisis situations, including out of hours working where necessary.
- Under the provisions of the Local Government Housing Act 1999, this post is deemed to be politically restricted.
- You will be required to participate in an out of hours communications rota (including responding to social media and urgent media requests)
You will need/Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent communications qualification (e.g. CIPR diploma) or equivalent experience
- Proven track record in leading on successful campaigns and communications projects specifically digital, media, marketing and internal communications.
- Experience of finding positive solutions to complex stakeholder communications challenges
- Experience of working in a political environment including briefing elected members.
- Experience of mentoring/supervising staff
- Proven experience of the preparation and presentation of sensitive information to the public
- Ability to persuade and influence at the all levels.
- Proficiency in core IT systems/processes e.g. web editing, social media platforms, basic video and image editing tools.
- Skills in writing for the web to improve accessibility and search engine optimisation.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and care professionals.
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Alex Tomkins on 0208 514 9131.