Senior Engineer - Bury
|Job Title:||Senior Engineer - Bury|
|Salary:||£17 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Senior Engineer – Bury (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Rate: £17.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To provide a high level of experienced technical support in the field of network management with minimum supervision and to manage, give advice, guidance and leadership to other technical support staff under direct control.
- Manage, control and supervise the technical support staff to provide a cost effective and efficient provision of the required services.
- Investigation of traffic management complaints and problems and the formulation of appropriate solutions.
- Gathering of data and information in relation to traffic flows and incidences of road traffic collisions.
- Organisation and preparation of reports recommendations, estimates and supporting information for submission to Traffic Management Unit and Council Committees.
- Organisation of and attendance at meetings of the Traffic Management Unit to produce detailed minutes
- Organisation and monitoring of all stages involved in the processing of Traffic Regulation Orders/Street Closure Orders including liaison with Legal Services and the Greater Manchester Police and notifying appropriate Ward Councillors.
- Organisation and monitoring of costs in relation to the implementation of Traffic Regulation Orders
- Organisation and processing of documentation associated with requests for the making of temporary Traffic Regulation Orders.
- Day to day involvement with Transport for Greater Manchester regarding the maintenance and operation of traffic signal equipment, including fault reporting and repairs.
- Control and supervise the examination of applications and the preparation of recommendations in relation to Heavy Goods Vehicle Operator Licensing and bus services.
- The design of traffic management schemes and the provision of advice and guidance to developers etc. on traffic management aspects of development proposals.
- Provision of guidance to statutory undertakers in relation to traffic engineering aspects of their work on the highway and assessment of the traffic implications of notices submitted under the New Roads and Street Works Act.
- Implement the Construction/Design and Management Regulations 1994 (CDM) in respect of the roles of Planning Supervisor and designer to satisfy the Council's specific obligations under current Health and Safety legislation.
- To advise and liaise with organisers of special events on and off the highway regarding the traffic management implications of their proposals
- Giving of advice and guidance to other Sections and Divisions on the traffic management aspects of their proposals for works on the highway.
- Maintain an awareness of current design standards, policies, techniques and legal requirements in the traffic management field.
- Organise and conduct public consultation exercises in respect of approved schemes and proposals, including attendance at exhibitions, public meetings and other forums.
- To act in Group matters in the absence of the Group Leader.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 020 8514 9117.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available