Senior Engineer - Highway Design
|Job Title:||Senior Engineer - Highway Design|
|Salary:||£35 - 40 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Harry Cavell|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
We are currently looking for a Senior Engineer - Highway Design. You will be working in Huddersfield
Monday - Friday
09:00am - 17:00pm
Temp Contract (12 Months)
Pay rate up to £40ph via umbrella
The Major Design Team, within Highway Design and Contract, are responsible for the detail design, assessing/approving external design and delivery of major highway schemes across Kirklees. These are often multi million pound schemes which aim to; improve congestion, facilitate economic and housing growth, provide infrastructure for vulnerable road users, improve both public health and help air quality
- Work on major transport infrastructure projects, this will involve carrying out design checks/reviews, attending meetings, providing design input/feedback, and making decisions on the acceptability of proposals in alignment with the Council’s policy, standards etc.
- Undertake or assist with the detail design of major highway schemes for which an understanding highways and drainage design is needed.
- Work with Transportation colleagues to develop detail design and construction drawings from concept plans.
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of contract drawings and documentation for the major highway schemes you are involved in.
- Get involved in other work across the Design team, which may involve schemes generated from; agreements made under Section 38, 278 or 106 of the Highways Act, Maintenance and Safety.
- Undertake or assist in the supervision of schemes being undertaken on site, and keep clear and accurate records of your daily activities
- Undertake the relevant duty holder’s role under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, in particular, Designer.
- Undertake or assist with project management including managing project budgets
- Liaise with and advise various Council departments and partners, including West Yorkshire Combined Authority, on issues relating to major schemes you are involved in, in particular about their impact on our network and understand the need for effective and efficient communication, both written and verbal.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Harry Cavell on email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Air Conditioning Engineer
Salary: £20 - 22 per hour
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £20 - 21 per hour
Electrical maintenance engineer
Salary: £21 per hour
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £20 per hour
HVAC Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £21 - 22 per hour