Senior Fieldwork Manager | Children/Families Team | Sheffield
4Recruitment Services require an experienced Senior Fieldwork Manager to work within a Children/Families Team based within Sheffield.
Provide effective strong leadership management, direction of practice and delivery of a defined team within the Children and Families statutory service by directing, supporting and advising a team of staff, as directed by the Service Manager and Principal Child and Family Social Worker.
Secure good outcomes for children, young people and families by providing high quality, cost effective services based on the experience of children who need help and protection. Also on the experience and progression of children in care and care leavers. You will oversee the maintenance of standards and drive continuous improvement of high professional standards and practice within your team.
The successful Senior Fieldwork Manager will be required to:
- Lead the team in the area of operational control and decision making to secure good outcomes for services users, in areas such as education, employment, emotional security, safety, healthy growth and development.
- Manage progression of cases and monitor case advancement in particularly complex or high-risk cases. Monitor and take responsibility for the effectiveness of social care services for children, their families and care leaver cases within your team to ensure casework is performed to the highest standards of practice and positive outcomes are achieved.
- Manage the team’s information records, so that the process is timely and accurate and serves to enhance the client’s experience and the Council’s statutory responsibilities including for child protection investigations conducted jointly with the Police and other multi-agency partner organisations.
- Maintain public confidence and act as a representative of the Council on contentious issues aligned to your area of responsibility and in the resolution of service user complaints and escalate issues to Service Manager if necessary.
- Recognise that the role forms part of a broader service provision, whereby the post holder will on occasion be expected to manage or support other teams or staff.
- Contribute to development of a range of statutory social work activities and oversee professional social work tasks in accordance with recognised social work procedures, evidence-based practice and professional registration and ensure social work standards are to the highest quality within the team.
- Be active in promoting and displaying social work ethics and champion Continuous Professional Development. Research good practice, emerging case law and relevant policy changes and disseminate relevant information to service areas via worksite and team meetings/briefings.
- Adhere to the competence development framework as required for professional registration and ensure social work standards are to the highest quality within the team.
- Work with colleagues across the Children and Families Service to collectively address any operational issues and identify key themes to feedback to the Principal Child and Family Social Worker.
To apply for this role you must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Preparing for and attending children’s legal proceedings, PLO meetings and legal planning
- Significant proven post qualifying experience in a Children and Families statutory setting
- 2 Years’ Post Experience
- Experience of a Child Protection Team
- Be HCPC Registered
- Be eligible to work within the UK
Salary is £35 per hour.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Care Professionals. We offer:
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Elliot Murphy on 0208 514 9151.