Senior Health Programme Advisor (Public Health)
|Job Title:||Senior Health Programme Advisor (Public Health)|
|Salary:||£23.77 - 23.77 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||5 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Senior Health Programme Advisor (Public Health).
PLACEMENT: ASAP, Monday to Friday. 37 hours per week
PAY RATE: Umbrella from £23.77 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Senior Health Programme Advisor (Public Health).
The council are looking for an experienced project manager with strong partnership development skills. The post holder will work closely with strategic partners, including two Local Authorities, Schools, Early Years and Health colleagues, to implement a programme of work, improving outcomes for children, young people and their families. An initial programme plan and budget, has been agreed in principle which builds on existing priorities but also recognises emerging evidence of impact from Covid-19.
Main job purpose is:
- Lead integration between programme areas within a team of public health programme advisors
- In line with strategic objectives, be responsible for detailed preparation of contracts with both existing and new providers, to ensure robust commissioning.
- Take the lead role on the developments/initiatives within specific programme area(s) as required in line with overall objectives and work plan of Public Health Dorset. This may include the mandatory programmes (eg NHS Health Checks, National Child Measurement Programme, Sexual Health) or other non-mandatory programmes (eg drugs and alcohol, and other health improvement projects)
- Build and maintain effective communication and working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including local authorities, Police, NHS and voluntary sector staff at all appropriate levels
- Ensure that service strategies are fully reflected in specific work programmes, making full use of wider stakeholders and commissioning partners
- Line management of a team of staff .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To ensure the coordinated and integrated working across related areas within their team to effectively, efficiently and equitably meet objectives of Public Health Dorset.
- To take the lead in developing and delivering innovative initiatives spanning more than one programme area, population or place.
- To ensure that evidence based, cost-effective and outcome focused public health principles are considered during the development of initiatives, interventions or programmes within their team
- To work with the wider public health team to achieve improved population health
- To provide a degree of flexibility within the team to address new areas as they arise or provide assistance in times of particular pressure in any area.
- To contribute to the assessment of health needs, health inequalities and health impact assessment in relation to specific programme areas.
- To develop strategies, action plans, initiatives and policies for agreement with colleagues from a range of agencies, to deliver agreed local Public Health outcomes.
- To actively participate in the evaluation of programme delivery.
- To monitor and report on programme performance.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Masters level or equivalent level of experience to demonstrate highly specialist post specific knowledge across the range of work procedures and practices, underpinned by theoretical knowledge
- Specialist knowledge/training in relevant Public Health specialities or areas of particular expertise eg. Nutrition
- Recent previous experience within a comparable role including contract
- Monitoring and working within a customer focused environment
- Previous supervision/management experience
- Experience of data management / record systems management
- Project management experience
A full JD is available upon request
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's