Senior Accommodation Support Worker
|Job Title:||Senior Accommodation Support Worker|
|Salary:||£13 - 17 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Bal Sunner|
|Job Published:||25 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Senior Accommodation Support Worker to provide services to our client based in Maidstone.
The Senior Accommodation Support Worker is responsible for overseeing the housing pathway within the service. This includes management of voids and transitions between elements of the service (outreach/accommodation/floating support) and liaising with the other support staff to ensure voids are kept to a minimum and an overview of the clients is maintained.
The Senior Accommodation Support Worker will also create links and options in the wider community including private rented sector to create and support move on options for the service users using our clients services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Co-ordinating the customer journey from start to finish and supporting other support workers in the development and delivery of the support/resettlement/floating support planning processes.
- Ensuring the delivery of individual personalised support packages, reflective of different client needs, including culture and diversity issues.
- Assisting other support workers to support clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent, claiming benefits.
- Knowledge of ‘best practice’ in both crisis intervention and planned support working.
- Undertaking referrals and assessments of potential clients, working with them to identify the most appropriate solution for their needs.
- Ensuring clients have access to relevant external support services
- Working with other support workers to support clients to agree and set goals and actions
- Supporting support workers to meet clearly defined client outcome targets through key-working, support plans, risk assessments and other interventions.
- Ensuring that opportunities for education, training and employment opportunities are integral to the support service. The aim being to enable clients to develop the life skills to live as independently as possible.
- Promote and encourage a high level of client involvement, consultation and communication
- Maintaining an accurate and timely record of all activities including the maintenance of a support planning database.
- Providing practical support and information to clients when entering the service and throughout their involvement with the service, e.g., assisting clients in the completion of occupancy agreements and welfare benefit claims
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary staff team and meeting the requirements of a rota system, ensuring support is available across all schemes in the cluster.
- Actively involved in team meetings and attend regular supervisions.
- Working with colleagues to ensure key performance indicators (e.g. voids and arrears) are being met.
- Working in line with company policies and procedures and the requirements of funders and stakeholders to ensure effective service delivery.
- Ability to use appropriate IT systems and maintain professional and timely records.
- Attending appropriate training and development opportunities as required.
- Experience of working with vulnerable client groups.
- Experience of delivering structured support in either housing or social care.
- Demonstrable IT skills to include basic proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel as well as a willingness to learn specific IT systems used within Care and Support; and complete relevant IT training where required.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the PIE approach.
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's