Senior Lawyer - Manchester
|Job Title:||Senior Lawyer - Manchester|
|Contact Name:||Megan Eastop-Stanley|
|Job Published:||6 days ago|
Senior Lawyer – Manchester
Salary: £40.00 Per Hour (Umbrella)
Full Time: Monday to Friday – 9:00am to 5:00pm
The role holder will provide effective advice and representation on complex legal work and projects of importance to our clients, where appropriate, to external bodies.
The role holder will actively contribute to the professional development of the service and will have a proactive and positive manner.
- Providing timely, high quality and accurate legal, tactical and strategic advice.
- Use advanced analytical skills to interpret complex information to identify legal issues, risk and other implications for clients
- To communicate both verbally and in writing to a consistently high standard with the ability to translate and present complex legal advice in a way that can be clearly understood by a variety of audiences.
- Where appropriate, to demonstrate exceptional advocacy skills achieving the best possible outcomes for the client.
- Demonstrate exceptional negotiating and influencing skills to achieve the best possible outcomes for clients.
- To be solution focussed always looking positively for ways in which the clients desired outcomes can be achieved.
- Research law and procedure to a high professional standard and keep ahead of legal developments.
- Demonstrate highly competent legal drafting skills.
- Deputise effectively when required in dealings with clients, legal management, and legal matters.
- Personal commitment to continuous self-development and service improvement
- Through personal example, open commitment and clear action, ensure diversity is positively valued resulting in equal access and treatment in employment, service delivery and communication.
- Works effectively and with minimum supervision, managing a caseload of complex, high value and sensitive legal work relating to public and private children law, including conducting and managing a caseload of legal applications under relevant legislation and providing advice to the client regarding this and other related legislation, regulations and guidance.
- Possess recent and extensive knowledge of the law relating to local government responsibility for safeguarding and planning for children and political sensitivity in relation to advising on the same.
- Demonstrate a knowledge wider local government law and issues and ability to develop skills in these areas.
- Where required by the Principal Lawyer to act as a mentor to a designated Lawyer and/or Legal Officer.
- Demonstrate a knowledge wider local government law and issues
- To draft, develop and present staff and client training.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Megan Eastop- Stanley on 07587 327813 or via email Megane@4recruitmentservices.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's