Senior Practitioner Occupational Therapist | Adults Services Team | Hackney
Senior Practitioner Occupational Therapist Role for the Neighbourhoods Model for Adult Social Care
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Practitioner Occupational Therapist to be part of a 5 month pilot of the social care component of the Neighbourhoods Programme.
Eight neighbourhood areas have been created in City and Hackney Neighbourhoods formed as far as possible around natural communities based on GP registered lists. These neighbourhood areas serve populations of between 30,000 to 50,000 residents.
At the core of a neighbourhood will be a community-centred, integrated team, working across healthcare, social care, public services, community groups and voluntary agencies and the people it serves. In essence these are multi-disciplinary front-line teams delivering integrated patient-centred pathways. It is intended that by working together, staff across different disciplines can communicate regularly, share knowledge and expertise and co-ordinate care planning and delivery.
Recent safeguarding adult reviews have shown a common theme relating to the need to improve “interagency working and communication”. One of the principle aims for the development of neighbourhoods is to deliver joined up care for people, especially those who are vulnerable or have complex needs by joint working across health, social, community, voluntary and wider public sector organisations. The Neighbourhoods Programme is working with a wide range of partners across the Borough these include;
Adult Social Care-
- Homerton Hospitals
- Mental Health
- Voluntary Sector
- Primary Care
- Community Navigation Partners
- Community Nursing
- City of London
Rate is up to £35 per hour
To apply for this role you must have:
- A relevant Occupational Therapist Qualification (HCPC/Social Care Degree)
- Be eligible to work within the UK
- Working with Multidisciplinary teams in a variety of settings
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent track record of building relationships with colleagues, partners and service users
- Good knowledge of the Care Act and eligibility criteria
- Good working knowledge of various services and support available to Hackney residents
- Experience of managing complex case work
- Experience of Safeguarding Adult Referrals
- Be an expert in Adult social Care
We have both temporary and permanent vacancies for this role.
- Competitive rates
- Training opportunities and professional development
- Full support by an expert Social Work Consultant team
4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall on 0208 514 9176.