Senior Payroll Officer - Bristol
|Job Title:||Senior Payroll Officer - Bristol|
|Salary:||£14 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Senior Payroll Officer – Bristol (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £14.00ph
Part-Time (21.6 hours)
- The principal purpose of this post is to assist the Team Leader in ensuring that the Council and Clients have effective and efficient systems and controls in place for the payment of employees ensuring compliance with Council and Customer terms and conditions Financial Regulations and Statutory requirements.
- The post holder will require an in-depth working knowledge of payroll legislation to be able to process all payroll variations and emergency payments as well as associated tax, pension and NI implications.
- To assist the Team Leader with the formulation and implementation of detailed Service objectives and policies, with the appropriate Team Leader.
- To ensure the effective and efficient implementation of Council policies and the achievement of the Council’s corporate and financial objectives, with the appropriate Team Leader.
- To ensure that policies and services are responsive to community needs and that equal opportunity issues are identified and addressed effectively.
- To contribute to co-operative working across services and directorates in accordance with the Council’s vision and values. To lead and co-ordinate cross service initiatives as and when required.
- To ensure effective external working relationships are established and maintained with organisations and agencies relevant to the Service.
- To ensure that effective internal relationships are established and maintained with employees and trade unions and also between other services.
- To ensure effective and accessible communication with employees, service users, the general public and others as appropriate
- To maintain the integrity of all payroll data and records held within financial and manual systems including regular housekeeping routines and the production of analysis and exception reports to ensure the timely and accurate production of payments.
- To process and reconcile all payroll variations starters and leavers prior to timetabled payroll runs (expenses, timesheets, statutory notifications, sickness and maternity deductions, arrears, pay awards, pension deductions & Employee Benefit deductions and honorarium etc) and undertake periodic verification that all such transactions are made in accordance with Council Financial Regulations, Standing Orders and policies and statutory requirements
- Maintain controls and procedures to ensure all variation processing and their subsequent payment is done securely and efficiently and in accordance with appropriate authorisations, financial regulations standing orders, identifying any exceptions to control for further investigation.
- Maintain the Council’s and clients payroll database, ensuring all changes are undertaken in accordance with authorised change controls, recruitment and termination processes.
- To liaise with employees and third parties including HMRC regarding payroll enquiries and enable the satisfactory resolution of all disputes ensuring that high customer care standards are maintained and performance targets are not adversely affected.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Parbej Miah 07435336299.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available