Senior Planner - Lambeth
|Job Title:||Senior Planner - Lambeth|
|Salary:||£28 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||6 days ago|
Senior Planner – Lambeth (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £28.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
To assist in providing a high quality, customer-focused planning service by dealing efficiently and effectively with planning applications and planning inquiries and by making a positive contribution toward the achievement of high performance and cost effective service.
To contribute to the review and formulation of planning policies and site development proposals.
- To deal with a range of planning applications including: shopfront, householder, crossover, advert and lawful development applications, beginning with adverts, simple householder extensions and Lawful Development Certificates for proposed development, minor changes of use and conversions, listed building consents and accompanying planning applications, cases within conservation areas, conversions, larger and more complex changes of use and modest new build schemes, plus negotiation of all potential types of S106 agreements, including financial contributions..
- To deal with a range of development control issues, including major and complex cases, undertaking negotiations with applicants/prospective developers and representatives of other parts of the Council, as required.
- To undertake the tasks required for the accurate validation and allocation of in-coming applications up to and including smaller “major” applications.
- To contribute to the review of the Local Development Framework and the formulation of new strategic policies and site proposals.
- To prepare and present quality professional advice, briefing information and reports, to appropriate individuals and bodies at all levels of the council's governance arrangements and to external organisations, public meetings and site visits as required.
- To prepare and present statements and evidence for public inquiries and informal hearings for smaller “major” appeals and in court.
- To ensure appropriate public participation on planning applications and development projects, and to analyse the results thereof.
- To provide advice to applicants and the public on planning applications and development proposals under the supervision of a more senior officer.
- To provide advice, as required, on all aspects of the planning process on the telephone, in writing, by email and face to face with visiting customers.
- In conjunction with the Principal Planning Officer and Team Leader, prepare briefs for external consultants and undertake day to day supervision of appointed consultants work.
- To maintain a current knowledge of relevant law, policies, working practices and procedures.
- To help ensure effective liaison and co-ordination with other parts of the Council, and with other services as required on planning and other related matters.
- To contribute to the development of a strategic planning function, which promotes the Council’s regeneration framework and provides an integrated approach to policy, regeneration and development issues.
- To provide advice and guidance to nominated trainees and new starters in conjunction with the Principal Planning Officer and Team Leader.
- To work flexibly in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job, and participate as required in multi-disciplinary and cross-organisational groups and task teams.
- To take responsibility, relevant to the post, for ensuring that Council statutes and government legislation is upheld. This includes, amongst others; Management Compliance Charter, Environmental Policy, Data Protection Act, Race Equality Action Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Health & Safety, Sustainable Construction and Recycling.
- To take responsibility, appropriate to the post for tackling racism and promoting good race, ethnic and community relations.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's