Senior Practitioner | Looked After Children | Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
We require an experienced Senior Practitioner to work within a Looked After Children’s Team based within Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire. To be successful for this role, you are required to have a minimum of 2 years recent Senior Practitioner experience of working within a Looked After Children’s Team.
Permanent – Salary range is £34,106 - 38,052 per year - 37 hours per week
As a Senior Practitioner, you will already have highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice. Your advanced expertise and knowledge will help you to take the lead on the most complex cases within the department.
This is a varied and challenging role where you will have shared responsibility for leading and managing less experience staff. You will have a key role in researching and sharing up to date social work practice alongside creating a clear vision for the future and ensuring the best outcomes for children and their families are realised.
You will have strong written and verbal skills as you will need to prepare and deliver care proceedings to conferences and court hearings. In return, we will offer excellent learning and development opportunities, regular supervision meetings and an approachable and supportive management team.
The successful Senior Practitioner will have experience of:
- Risk assessment in relation to individuals, families and other groups
- Court Work and Final Evidence
- Applying knowledge and research to correctly evaluate and signpost cases
- Multi-agency liaison to ensure cases are progressed in the best interest of the child
- Working with Children in Need
- Children in Need and Child Protection/ Section 47 procedures
- Giving evidence in court proceedings highly desirable
- Producing written court statements
To apply for this role you must have:
- 2 Years Post Qualifying Social Work Experience
- Children’s Social Work Qualified
- Be HCPC Registered
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience in Court Work
- Experience in Section 17
- Experience in Section 47
- Welcome Payment of £1000 (After 6 months Satisfactory Service)
- Market Forces Payment of £5,000 Per Year (Paid Monthly)
- Relocation Package of up to £6,000 (Those choosing to re-locate – Subject to T’s & C’s)
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare professionals.
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall on 0208 514 9176.