Senior Procurement Officer- Lambeth
|Job Title:||Senior Procurement Officer- Lambeth|
|Salary:||£310 per day|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||3 days ago|
Senior Procurement Officer– Lambeth
Pay Rate: £310.00PD
Full-Time (37 hours)
Main purpose of the post:
This post holder will support the Category / Procurement Manager in all matters across the category and where necessary deputise for the Category Manager at Strategy Meetings and Industry Forums. The post holder will assist with the planning, managing and co-ordinating work of the borough aligned with this category. It is expected the postholder will support members of the team tasked with delivering the category specific multi-million-pound annual procurement programme for the council.
The post holder will help shape the strategic plan for procurement for the category. They will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of specific projects that form part of the overall procurement programme across the council, which will include, the tender processes and delivering against the Council’s outcomes on commercial negotiations to secure the best value outcomes for end users and residents.
The post holder will:
- Play a key role in shaping and implementing the procurement strategy for the category with a focus on collaborative working and partnering.
- Assist in the category leadership of a professional procurement team to plan tendering projects and to negotiate and deliver value for money contracts.
- Fully participate in the development and delivery of a one-year category specific programme for procurement that meets service timescales, facilitates the delivery of improved services, achieves value for money and is in keeping with the Council’s priorities.
- Support leadership and provide expert advice and implement procurement best practice to deliver tendering projects across the category for the council.
- Participate in the implementation of contract and relationship management practices across the category for the council, working with colleagues, end users and providers.
- Ensure that contract leads across the category for the council are trained and suitably equipped to carry out their contract performance and supplier relationship management responsibilities in line with the agreed practices.
- To maintain an up to date and expert knowledge of changes in legislation and understanding their impact for the category and for the council. To identify, contribute and assist in updating council procurement policies and procedures accordingly within Lambeth’s governance arrangements.
- Working with relevant colleagues to improve the strategic relationships with partners, suppliers and others to achieve value for money throughout the contract life cycle.
- To quantify spending at category levels of all goods and services, identify, contribute and implement a year over year cost saving programme. Use a category management approach to spend analysis.
- Develop and agree with the Category / Procurement Manager an annual work programme for the category, participate, manage and monitor the programme and team performance. Agree relevant objectives and targets to ensure the delivery of value for money services.
- Produce reports and guidance documents on significant issues including supplier performance, strategic market management and policy matters as defined by the category team.
- Recognise the necessary flexibility required to work as part of the category team and the wider professional procurement cohort and organisation as demand develops and changes from time to time.
- To support and develop Procurement Officers and Procurement Support Officers.
- Exercise vigilance and awareness to prevent fraudulent activities in line with the Council’s financial regulations, establish mechanisms to ensure separation of project management from delivery of contracts.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required to meet the exigencies of the service. These may be varied from time to time to meet the needs of the service.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's