Senior Public Health Intelligence Analyst
|Job Title:||Senior Public Health Intelligence Analyst|
|Salary:||£40.00 - 48.89 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||11 days ago|
JOB TITLE: Senior Public Health Intelligence Analyst
PLACEMENT: ASAP, 23 hours per week
PAY RATE: PAYE from £40 per hour & Umbrella from £48.89 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Senior Public Health Intelligence Analyst to provide services to our client base in Bristol, South Gloucestershire. The post allows remote working.
The post holder will provide input into the process of understanding health needs in the area, addressing health inequalities, determining priorities for action, assisting wider understanding of the characteristics of the local population and actively disseminating the findings of a wide range of analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- lead the production and development of a number of statistical /information services and will obtain, analyse, interpret and publish information relating to Public Health
- provide specialised advice on epidemiology, health intelligence, health data sets, research, survey design and questionnaire design.
- support a joint research work programme to increase the number of decisions made across all Council departments, partner agencies and the wider community which are grounded in valid intelligence and resources are appropriately targeted to local needs.
- support development and delivery of the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment and bed this process as core research activity.
- develop and manage projects
- contribute to the West of England Public Health Partnership work programme for Public Health Intelligence
- contribute to the specialist Public Health advice provided to South Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group through the Core Offer
- supervise the Public Health Intelligence Analyst
- ensure effective external working relationships are established and maintained with organisations and agencies relevant to the Service.
- communicate with and establish and maintain relationships with other members of the Public Health Team, a range of other groups or individuals seeking help, advice or information on epidemiology, statistics, statistical methods, research, survey and/or questionnaire design related to public health
- write and contribute to reports. These reports will vary in length and complexity, and will range from informal summaries to detailed comprehensive reports. It will also be necessary for the post holder to be able to summarise these reports and disseminate their findings
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- A degree or equivalence experience in a subject containing substantial research skills or methodological training in a public health or social science discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a role working with health data and public health analytics.
- Significant working knowledge and experience within an organisation, delivering similar analytical/intelligence services with extensive knowledge and be able to demonstrate your contributing to developing processes, procedures, and projects.
- Good analytical, numeracy and reasoning skills, able to understand and interpret complex data and provide solutions and recommendations to achieve appropriate outcomes, with good report writing skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills for persuading, influencing and be able to build relationships and communicate effectively with customers.
- Able to work flexibly, cope with competing demands through good time management and work under pressure.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting on budgets, financial information, and resources.
- Good level of general IT skills and the ability to use appropriate specialist in-house software packages (in particular, experience of PowerBI)
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's