Senior Public Health Specialist (PO7)
|Job Title:||Senior Public Health Specialist (PO7)|
|Salary:||£197 - 248 per day|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||about 4 hours ago|
JOB TITLE: Senior Public Health Specialist (PO7)
PLACEMENT: from 31/05/2020, 36 hours per week
PAY RATE: PAYE from £197 per day & Umbrella from £248 per day
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Senior Public Health Specialist for our client based in Hackney, London.
The post holder will work within a team of public health staff to support the Director of Public Health to improve health outcomes and reduce health inequalities in London Borough of Hackney (LBH) and, where appropriate City of London Corporation (CoL).
They will act in a supporting role for specified areas of public health to plan, deliver and evaluate public health initiatives. They will be expected to be able to work across all domains of public health as and when required to do so and with additional training and support if necessary.
The post holder will be required to:
- change topics or work across portfolio areas in line with the needs of the business whilst maintaining generic public health skills as necessary.
- adapt rapidly to shifting demands and priorities, and needs to be flexible and
adaptable, with a high level of professional credibility
- utilise a broad range of specialist skills, and draw upon a wide range
of the Council’s intelligence and knowledge to enhance delivery. Their work may require
designing and implementing systems and processes; diagnosing and providing solutions
to performance problems; developing programmes related to improving key cross-cutting
Public Health outcomes; supporting services to change the way they do things; managing
the development of cross cutting strategies; and aligning services to make the best use of
- to act as a public health business partner to other areas of the council.
This role will be based within a central team but will work with services and managers
across all directorates, embedding Public Health responsibilities into the framework of
the organisation. They may also be working within project teams that include partnership
organisations; staff from other local authorities; elected Members; the public; external contractors; or any other relevant partners required to deliver the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Working with the Principal Public Health Specialist and Consultants in Public Health to commission, implement and deliver public health programmes and projects.
- Contribute to developing strategy for commissioning of public health services, within their areas of responsibility.
- Collate and analyse relevant demographic information, service trends, user consultation and feedback, as well as research about effective services to ensure that assessments of need, service development and planning are based on good practice and evidence.
- Provide specialist public health advice across the Council, including to key partners and senior colleagues, including Directors and Members, and the Integrated Commissioning system.
- Communicate the evidence base for the most effective practice and the delivery of value for money in public health.
- Prepare and present reports and briefings to members, senior management, programme boards and partnerships which include analysis of information and recommendations for corrective actions and continuous improvement.
- Lead the development of specified partnerships, networks and relationships, including with the City and Hackney Integrated Commissioning system, to share and integrate best practice, ensuring that key parties and organisations understand their contribution to improving health outcomes and tackling inequalities.
- Audit, evaluate and redesign services and interventions to improve health outcomes and reduce health inequalities.
- Communicate with others to improve health outcomes and reduce health inequalities, including delivery of complex information
- Deputise for Principal Public Health Strategist as required.
- Provide confident leadership and clear management so as to ensure the
- effective operational delivery of a portfolio of responsibility
- Provide confident leadership and clear management of significant and complex high-risk projects and/or programmes
- Be a key influencer to maximise health gain across a wide range of
- Contribute to strategic and operational development, drawing on specialist expertise in public health.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Educated to a degree level plus significant public health knowledge and skills
acquired through training, experience or qualifications
- Knowledge of the causes of ill health and health inequalities in a population
- Knowledge of public health principles and methodologies that can be applied to
improve health and reduce health inequalities
- Strong understanding of policy, systems and practice in local authorities, the
NHS and voluntary and community sector.
- Knowledge of commissioning processes, from strategy and policy development,
intervention design, procurement to performance management and evaluation.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a public health-related role, including experience of
tackling health inequalities and delivering related outcomes within local authority and health settings, through direct delivery, commissioning practices, performance
management and working in partnership.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant analytical techniques within Public Health,
and related areas, and proven application of them to complex information in order to design and deliver services to target at the improvement of public health outcomes.
- Experience of making decisions through the analysis of relevant information and risk assessment.
- · Enhanced DBS check
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Public Health Specialist (PO7)
Salary: £197 - 248 per day
Public Health Intelligence Specialist (Band 11)
Salary: £17.00 - 20.50 per hour
Public Health Consultant C03
Salary: £61 - 77 per hour
Public Health Intelligence Manager (Covid -19)
Salary: £30 per hour