Service Lead: Inclusion – Slough
- To ensure the Council meets its statutory responsibilities in respect of Inclusion and SEND support in line with Children and Families act 2014 and the SEND Code of Practice To have lead responsibility for implementing SEND reforms
- To implement fair access protocols for schools and chair the Fair Access Panel
- To ensure that exclusion rates and trends are monitored, and that appropriate follow up action is taken
- Responsible for leading behaviour support and attendance services and developing a strategic approach to behaviour and attendance in partnership with schools
- Responsibility for monitoring Elective Home Education and Children Missing education with a particular emphasis on safeguarding
- Responsible for setting standards and quality in external provision and resources, leading the local offerings and ensuring that sensory and specialist support services are embedded in mainstream settings.
- To gather and analyse data to inform the strategic planning of SEND provision, working with colleagues across the council and beyond to match the supply of places to demand
- To ensure good preparation for regulatory inspections related to SEND (Ofsted/CQC inspection Framework)
- To develop, plan and commission high quality integrated Inclusion services which are cost effective and maximize the life chances of children and young people with SEND
- Establishing and implementing quality standards and KPIS’s to monitor, evaluate and report on the impact of services for children and young people with SEND
- Promote the engagement of children and young people and their parents or carers to the development of SEND services
- Lead on SEND commissioning including partnership working with Slough Children’s services Trust and Health
- To take control of financial expenditure relating to Inclusion and the integrity of management systems to ensure regulatory and policy compliance, ensuring that service objectives are achieved within assigned budgets and that opportunities for service economies and identified and actioned
- Lead, develop and motivate the Inclusion Service’s workforce, demonstrating strong leadership to achieve a well-motivated and capable workforce, and embedding a sustained culture of continuous improvement.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Extensive experience of senior leadership, consistently developing policy and supporting operational excellence
- Sound strategic understanding of the statutory role of the local authority in Inclusion
- Sound strategic understanding and experience of school improvement approaches and the role the local authority can play in a self-improving school system
- Strong knowledge, experience and understanding of safeguarding in education
- Knowledge of relevant education legislation and regulation the changing legislative and regulatory context
- Sound knowledge of the use of data to drive improvement
- Experience of working effectively and impartially with elected members, providing expertise in area of specialism where appropriate
- The professional qualifications and experience needed to perform the roles of Service Lead are required.
- A broad knowledge of public sector service delivery, both directly and through commissioning.
- A successful track record of forging and maintaining working partnerships with communities to ensure the delivery of services that reflects their needs.
- Able to communicate a compelling vision to key stakeholders internally and externally to achieve operational outcomes.
- Proven track record in building and leading teams through change and developing effective partnership working
- Sound budget management skills, including a good understanding of the management of the DSG High Needs Block funding and SEND banding
- Business acumen from creating a commercial environment where the management of cost and customer satisfaction is paramount.
The salary for this position is £500+ day rate
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for staff and Healthcare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area, please contact Max Catherall on 0208 514 9176