Services Development Officer | Southwark Council
6 Months Contract - Full Time 36 Hours – 9am to 5pm
Salary is £17.41 - £20.71 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Services Development Officer for Southwark Council.
To perform a key role in shaping future strategy and policy in the borough’s parks and leisure facilities and deliver capital investment projects in these facilities.
Duties will include -
- Contribute to regeneration of the borough through the strategic development of parks and leisure facilities
- Work independently, with a high level of creativity, within broad instructions and objectives. This includes drafting complex reports, committee items and briefings for senior managers and Members. Represent the council’s view at a wide range of forums at senior levels.
- Lead on ensuring that the leisure programme board is updated on all projects within clusters.
- Manage major high-profile capital projects. Procure and manage teams of consultants and contractors; ensuring consultation, management of risk, quality, and effective delivery to programme and within budget.
- Be responsible for financial forecasting, reporting and maintaining accurate records of cluster and project finances. Ensuring all expenditure commitments and all payments are properly authorised, controlled and monitored
- Establishing, maintaining and managing relationships with key stakeholders throughout the delivery process, and providing briefings for elected members.
What you will need –
- Relevant experience within Business Strategy and Service Development
- Previous Local Authority Experience Desirable
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and care professionals.
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Heddle on 0208 911 1083.