Social Worker - Newham
|Job Title:||Social Worker - Newham|
|Salary:||£32 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||11 days ago|
Social Worker – Newham (Temp Vacancy)
Umbrella Pay Rate: £32.00ph
Full-Time (37 hours)
- This role sits within a multidisciplinary community social care team. The core functions include assessment, support planning, long term support arrangements, and review for customer in the community with complex needs. The post holder will be required to carry out Mental Capacity Assessments.
- To provide a social work service to an allocated caseload within the agreed performance management, quality assurance and budgetary framework and that the highest standards of service are achieved.
- To act as a member of a team providing an effective, efficient and personalised assessment, support planning, and brokerage service to adult service users, carers and their families in order to deliver the key strategic aims of the organisation and to ensure that the citizens of Newham have access to high quality services which safeguard and promote their welfare.
- To ensure people are fully supported to have the best possible opportunities and are supported to exercise choice and control to meet the outcomes they define.
- To provide high quality, responsive and safe assessment, support planning, brokerage and care planning services to meet the needs of adult service users and their family/carers and promote an ethos of positive partnerships, within specified allocated resources and in line with national and local standards and requirements.
- To deliver high professional standards of social care practice including: quality interventions; clear, sound and up to date recording and decision making; agreed performance management; and adherence to the Professional Standards of the Social Work England (SWE).
- To cultivate professional relationships with the multi-disciplinary professionals, sharing knowledge, skills and expertise with internal and external practitioners and service providers.
- To undertake multi-disciplinary assessments of individual and carers needs and risks to encourage independence, provide support and prevent harm.
- To deliver personalised services that promote the independence and choice of service users and carers, respond to needs promptly and effectively, and positively manage risk.
- To provide a social work service, including assessment, support planning, brokerage, review and discharge activity to an allocated caseload.
- To provide cover and participate in team duty arrangements on a rota basis in accordance with management instructions.
- To facilitate service users and carers to undertake supported self assessments, support planning and reviews based on outcomes they define and using all appropriate resources and evaluation of potential risks.
- To facilitate service users and carers in the identification and purchasing of personalised services within the community to meet their needs.
- To be responsible and imaginative in the commissioning of personalised services, seeking alternative universal and flexible solutions where possible.
- To undertake safeguarding adult enquiries, assessing and analysing risk and contributing to the development of multi-agency safeguarding adult plans. This includes leading, coordinating, monitoring and reviewing multi-agency adult protection plans.
- To comply with the roles and responsibilities within the Safeguarding/Risk Management framework and deliver this to a high level of competence. This includes Mental Capacity Act; Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, Best Interest Assessments, and the protection of service users’ financial resources and affairs where needed.
- To be willing to train as a Best Interest Assessor and complete assessments as required, to take part in case conferences, reviews and meetings as appropriate including the High Risk Panel, ensuring that people who use services and their family/carers are supported in making a full contribution to the meetings.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact firstname.lastname@example.org