Social Worker - Unaccompanied Asylum-Seekers - Home Office
|Job Title:||Social Worker - Unaccompanied Asylum-Seekers - Home Office|
|Salary:||£41 - 43 per hour + accommodation|
|Contact Name:||Billy Fagg|
|Job Published:||over 2 years ago|
Qualified Social Worker – Unaccompanied Asylum-Seekers – Home Office
Based in Dover
Pay Rate: £41 - £43ph (accommodation TBA)
- Manage a caseload of newly arrived unaccompanied asylum-seeking children who are Children in Care to the local authority. This will be diverse in complexity and involve assessment, planning and implementation to ensure the children are safeguarded and well cared for.
- Raise the standard of professional work within the Team by contributing to training initiatives and “in-house” core training courses whilst consolidating a breadth of social work practice.
- Post holder should be working in line with the competency standards set out in the Competency Assessment Social Worker Career Grade.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage a high and diverse number of cases within the parameters of agreed policies and practices, together with the professional guidance and support from Senior Practitioners to make sure children are safeguarded and well cared for.
- On a rota basis, undertake initial assessments of newly arrived unaccompanied asylum-seeking children when they first present to authorities in Kent, i.e. Dover Port, to identify immediate risks, needs and placement.
- Complete all statutory requirements for a child entering local authority care within timescales until their case is transferred to either Kent’s Child in Care Service or another local authority.
- Complete Merton case law compliant age assessments where concerns have been raised regarding the child’s claimed age.
- Write witness statements and give evidence in Court should an age assessment decision be legally challenged.
- Work in partnership with the child, statutory and third sector agencies including Police, Health, the Home Office, solicitors, Refugee Council and Young Lives Foundation to identify, evaluate and review care plans to produce positive outcomes for children.
- Assist the team’s Senior Practitioners and other colleagues in identifying, planning and delivering its core tasks of safeguarding and supporting unaccompanied asylum-seeking children in the local authority’s care.
- Maintain an awareness of changes in child development etc., and related theories, legislation, corporate and directorate policies, local and agency practices, in order to disseminate knowledge and contribute to the delivery of a high standard of service.
- Attend regular “in-house” core training courses, compile a portfolio of evidence supported by experiences in the field to achieve appropriate competency levels within the Competency Assessment Social Worker Career Grade.
- Provide a high-quality resource of professional social work knowledge and expertise to the Service’s unqualified social care staff as well as foster carers and semi-independent providers to support them in providing the best possible care to unaccompanied asylum-seeking children.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Billy Fagg on Billyf@4recruitmentservices.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Residential Support Worker - Harrow
Salary: £21.97 - 21.97 per hour
Residential Support Worker - Leicester
Salary: £14.64 - 19.52 per hour
Social Work Assistant - Child Protection Team - Mansfield
Salary: £14.70 - 14.70 per hour
Lunchtime Teaching Assistant
Salary: £13 per hour