|Salary:||£150 - 180 per day|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
We are currently looking for a Solicitor to work with one of our clients based in Redbridge. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 17:00
Pay rate between £150 - £180 per day
- To act as principle legal adviser in relation to non-contentious contract matters, including complex projects which may involve one or more aspects relating to property issues, human resource issues, local government powers issues.
- To have a leading role in assisting the Head of the Advisory Group in the provision of a comprehensive legal service within the remit of the Group;
- To have a leading role in assisting the Head of the Advisory Group in the management of the Group.
- To deal personally with complex contracts and commercial transactions, including drafting and negotiating.
- To deal with contractual disputes up to the issue of proceedings.
- To gather, appraise and disseminate information on proposed and new legislation and case law developments in respect of the whole range of the Group’s activities generally and property law particularly, including reporting to the Cabinet and Committees and clients on the practical effect of changes in the law. Key document 3 – May 2000
- To prepare reports for and attend and advise the Council’s Cabinet and Committees, and associated working groups. To represent Legal Services at meetings with Councillors, inter- departmental meetings and meetings with outside bodies, including government departments and inter-agency meetings.
- To maintain close working relationships with Directors, Heads of Service and other senior officers, and with Committee Chairs and Members in connection with the work of the Group.
- To prepare briefs to Counsel and cases for the opinion of Counsel and to attend conferences with Counsel.
- To tackle problems requiring extensive research and a wide working knowledge of the practice of law.
- When required by Group Manager to assist in the other work of the Group.
- To instruct and work constructively with external solicitors and other consultants when appropriate
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available