|Job Title:||Solicitor- Locum|
|Salary:||£23 - 27 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
We are currently looking for a Solicitor- Locum to work with one of our clients based in Halton. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 17:00
Pay rates between £23 - £27ph
To provide legal and procedural advice and legal services in respect of all of the Council’s functions as directed in the most cost effective and efficient way to secure Best Value for the Authority.
- The conduct of child care litigation and legal advice on issues related to children.
- Legal advice on certain aspects of social services law relating to adults and the conduct of litigation on social services matters.
- Adherence to the Legal Services Unit's quality standards including time-recording and contributing to the process of securing re-accreditation as and hen.
- To undertake in-service training as required by the training plan and to participate in the in-service training of other staff.
- To comply with employee's health and safety responsibilities.
- Such other duties as may reasonably be required, including complaint investigations
- Manage your own caseload of care proceedings and PLO cases, including complex cases, non-accidental injury cases and cases with an international dimension
- Being responsible for managing a busy and complex caseload of public law childcare cases
- Advising and representing clients at pre-action meetings & conducting advocacy in court, appearing before magistrates, district judges and circuit judges
- Handling applications for secure accommodation; FGM; child abduction; international travel bans; and adoption
- Acting as Duty Solicitor when required to provide emergency advice and deal with urgent court applications
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available