Specialist Domestic Abuse Practitioner | Wakefield
Contract – 37 hours - Monday/Friday
We require a Specialist Domestic Abuse Practitioner to work within a Domestic Abuse Team based in Wakefield. To be successful for this role, you are required to have a minimum of 2 years recent Social Work experience of working within an Adults Services team.
We are seeking to appoint a suitably skilled and motivated person to work as part of the Wakefield District Domestic Abuse Service. We are looking for applicants who are experienced in providing specialist Domestic Abuse support for victims. The successful candidate will need to have extensive experience of supporting and advocating on behalf of high risk domestic abuse victims and ideally hold a Safe Lives (CAADA) IDVA qualification.
This post will provide advice, support and advocacy to all victims experiencing domestic and sexual abuse and act as the primary point of contact for high risk cases, MARAC's, reports to the Police and Criminal Court cases. This post will provide specialist domestic abuse support and guidance to colleagues and other professionals.
A successful police vetting process may also be required to undertake this role.
The successful Social Worker will have experience of:
- Multi-agency and partnership working to draw on the strengths of professionals in the contribution they can make to improving outcomes for individuals and families.
- Assessing needs of vulnerable client groups and carrying out risk assessment with low/medium/standard risk domestic abuse victims including assessment for sanctuary scheme.
- Domestic Abuse activitiesthat provide independent advocacy support for victim’s going through the Criminal Justice System to seek redress or safety measures.
- Case management working with vulnerable client groups and complex families with multiple needs.
To apply for this role you must:
- Hold a CAADA IDVA training certificate or a relevant degree, or demonstrate equivalent experience, or vocational qualification (requirement to obtain CAADA IDVA certificate within 12 months of appointment if the qualification is not initially held)
- Have a good understanding and knowledge of domestic abuse, including the impact of domestic abuse on victims and children.
- Be flexible, with a combination of outreach and office-based work.
- Be eligible to work within the UK
- Have a willingness to undertake the Police vetting process to be able to work from Havertop station.
- Be a car driver
Salary is £15 - £17 per hour.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- Training opportunities and professional development
- One on one specialist Social Work consultant care based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Alex Tomkins on 0208 514 9131.