Specialist Practitioner - Children's Services Team
|Job Title:||Specialist Practitioner - Children's Services Team|
|Salary:||£33.32 - 33.32 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Liam Murphy|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
We are currently looking for a Specialist Practitioner to work in a Children's Services Team based in Stoke on Trent. You will be working for the council.
Monday - Friday
Shift Times may vary
Pay rates - £33.32ph
- To ensure that within all cases, but specifically complex situations all eligible children receive good quality, in-depth assessments, robust plans with SMART planning that is appropriate to meet their needs and achieve good outcomes for children.
- To support less experienced members of the team and students in learning and developing skills, knowledge and expertise, by providing advice, guidance and mentoring.
- To carry out assessments and manage plans of intervention/support/care within government and departmental prescribed timescales and standards, as required by the Practice and/or Principal Manager.
- To provide a needs-led, professional social work service to children, young people and their families, complying with legislative requirements and in accordance with established best practice
- To maintain a personal awareness of legislation, national and regional developments and key drives that shape and influence contemporary social work practice.
- To ensure that service user records are maintained in accordance with Departmental procedures, and that information required for management purposes is recorded and inputted appropriately.
- To support less experienced colleagues in developing skills, knowledge and experience.
- To manage a varied caseload of complex and challenging cases.
- To take responsibility under the direction of the Principal or Practice Manager for the support of social work students on placement and act as workplace supervisor or Practice Teacher.
- To support/coach/mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Carry out any other appropriate duties as may be assigned by the Directorate.
- To ensure that the welfare of the child or young person is paramount at all times.
- To ensure that children, young people and their families are fully involved in the process of assessment, service delivery and service review.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Appropriate Social Work qualification – Social Work degree, DipSW, CQSW, CSS or equivalent.
- Meet HCPC registration and re-registration requirements.
- Knowledge of social care legislation and guidance and other legislation eg, Education and Housing relating to children’s social care
- Extensive post qualification experience including that of a ‘progressed’ social worker
- Demonstrates experience and understanding of key legislation and social work reforms related to children’s social work.
- Experience of direct work with children and families and all aspects of the social work role, including the impact of child development and disability.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and HealthCare Professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- HCPC certified complimentary training
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Liam Murphy on email@example.com
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available