Specialist Telecare Installation Officer
|Job Title:||Specialist Telecare Installation Officer|
|Salary:||£20 - 25 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||3 months ago|
JOB TITLE: Specialist Telecare Installation Officer
PLACEMENT: To Start ASAP, 36 hours per week
PAY RATE: PAYE from £20 per hour & Umbrella from £25 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Specialist Telecare Installation Officer to provide services to our client based in Southwark London.
The purpose of the role is:
- To work as a member of the SMART team, to provide a 24 hour monitoring and full response service that will enable vulnerable people to remain safely in their homes for as long as possible.
- To work closely with key stakeholders to ensure effective service delivery for Southwark Mobile Alarm Response and Telecare (SMART) Team service users.
Duties will include:
- To monitor and respond to calls made through the monitoring system in accordance with Telecare Services Association code of practice. To prioritise the level of urgency and respond accordingly to safeguard service users’ safety and well-being, alerting other services or contacts that may be needed on response e.g. Emergency services, next of kin or key holder etc
- To assess immediate first aid requirements and liaise with appropriate services. To provide emergency assistance in the form of First Aid, resuscitation, moving and handling and faller pick-up where necessary.
- To facilitate access to a dwelling for emergency services, investigating unconfirmed emergencies and feedback actions to monitoring service & colleagues.
- To deal with enquiries from the general public regarding the SMART service in order to fully inform people about and encourage the use of the service by means of displays, exhibitions and other promotional work.
- To undertake thorough assessments of risks and needs of clients regarding Telecare and assistive technology equipment, understanding individual tailored needs. To provide practical advice and assistance to clients to ensure their safety and well being and to refer them, if necessary, to an appropriate person or service for assistance.
- To prepare appropriate Telecare installations including testing, programming and visibility verification using software and electronic hardware as required.
- To program and install individual alarm equipment together with Telecare sensors in the homes of clients and instruct all clients in person and by telephone in the use of the equipment. To keep informed of the latest assistive technologies
- To maintain robust stock management records which optimise availability of equipment and provide accurate stock control to ensure traceability from source through usage to disposal.
- To ensure that all faults in the control centre or in individual alarm equipment are reported, and make arrangements for repair and/or replacement as soon as possible, so as to minimise the risk to clients of the service
- To implement all provisions of the Adult Safeguarding procedure, and report any suspected breaches directly to the SMART Manager.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation, assistive technology & telecare initiatives, particularly as they relate to vulnerable people
- Knowledge of the range of services provided to vulnerable people by statutory and voluntary agencies
- Experience of working with older and/or vulnerable people in their homes, in a paid or voluntary capacity
- Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of a wide range of tools and materials, including how and where those would be appropriately used
- Ability to communicate effectively with vulnerable people in sometimes distressing situations
- Ability to write simple reports, and maintain accurate records.
- DBS Check
- To hold a full current UK driving license
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available