Speech & Language Therapist | Merton
We require an experienced Speech and Language Therapist to work within an Adults Setting in Merton. To be successful for this role, you are required to have a minimum of 2 years recent Social Work experience of working within a Speech and Language Therapist team.
Job Purpose -
Provide Speech and Language Therapeutic Services to service users · Make detailed assessments to provide reports on individual’s SLT condition · Develop relevant individual therapeutic programmes · Support educational and social care staff to implement SLT programmes · Liaise with colleagues, parents and external professionals · Contribute as a member of the Therapeutic team
Provide Speech and Language Services Providing SLT services to children and young adults with a range of relevant complex needs, such as learning difficulties/disabilities, autism, Asperger’s, emotional social and behavioural difficulties and/or challenging behaviour.
- Talking with service users, observing them and using relevant tests to assess their specific difficulties
- Planning and developing individual therapy programmes
- Supporting service users through treatment and adapting their programme where necessary
- Advising and recommending assistive technology and other therapeutic aids
- Working within a multi-professional therapeutic team and with external professionals
- Supporting managers, tutors and social care professionals to implement programmes
- Advising and coaching parents and carers to continue the therapy at home
- Providing detailed reports and keeping detailed records of clients’ progress
- Contribute to staff development and training
- Attending meetings with external professionals from a range of agencies
- Carry out other duties as directed by the Therapeutic Team manager
Experience & Knowledge -
- Knowledge, skills and ability in working with a wide range of service users with Speech and Language difficulties
- Degree in Speech and Language Therapy or Human Communication/Registered member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- HCPC Registered
- Previous SLT Experience
Salary is £31 per hour.
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- Training opportunities and professional development
- One on one specialist Social Work consultant care based within your geographical area
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Billy Fagg on 0208 514 9139.