My client is seeking an experienced stores person to maintain stock within the stores to agreed levels to ensure that maintenance and repairs can be carried out without delay.
Standard workdays will be Monday to Friday.
Standard work hours will be 8am till 5pm.
Area – OX14
Salary: Up to £22,500
Note: Candidates must be able to pass a DBS check.
Duties include but are not limited:
- Receive goods and check for damage or short fallings before booking into the stock control system.
- Store all parts and materials in the correct manner, including the updating of the stores system with their relevant location.
- Ensure all MSDS and COSHH Risk Assessments are easily available for any chemicals within the stores.
- Procurement of parts and spares in line with company procurement policy.
- Obtain quotes for parts to assist with the production of quotes for the Extra Works and Projects teams.
- Liaise with suppliers and handle queries relating to delivery and stock discrepancies.
- Keep inventory management systems up to date.
- Carry out regular stock takes.
- Keep a record of and report any frequent shortages or spare items.
- Organise and deliver goods from the stores to the relevant departments as required using materials handling equipment, such as hydraulic pallet lifters and hand trucks.
- Ensure all parts and materials are safely stored to reduce the possibility of theft or damage.
- Ensure that the stores area is kept clean and tidy.
- Own any invoice queries relating to any stores items.
- Support the wider team as and when required.
- Able to carry out both the physical and administrative elements of running a store.
- Experience working in a similar inventory or stock control role
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work overtime when/and as required
- Computer skills and experience in using the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Must understand problems and recognise areas of improvement & communicate solutions to a range of stakeholders
- Commercial awareness
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4 Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
If interested, please contact Jordan Mascall on 0208 514 9145 or JordanM@4recruitmentservices.com