Student Duty Manager
|Job Title:||Student Duty Manager|
|Salary:||£17.54 - 24.56 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Emma Fisher|
|Job Published:||23 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Duty Manager to support our client based in Wandsworth.
The main focus of the Role is to provide an onsite presence and on call service during the College day, promoting good behaviour and responding and challenging observed or reported behaviour policy infringements and incidents. The postholder will be responsible for recording data related to observed or reported behaviour infringements by Students on the College data recording systems and instigating processes under the College Student Disciplinary Policy and Procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Maintain a presence on the College Site between 09.00 and 17.00 hours. Being present in areas where students gather, at key times of the day, monitoring, challenging and mentoring Student behaviour and responding to observed or reported student behaviour concerns, issues or incidents
- Actively promote good behaviour with all Students, liaising with Student Services on the production of support materials and communications to communicate clearly to Students the Group’s behaviour policy, raising the profile of good behaviour in the College
- Liaison and Co-ordination with Curriculum Teams, Student Services, Security Services and Facilities Management teams on Student behaviour related matters or concerns
- Liaison with external stakeholders including Police or other authorities on student behaviour matters or concerns, information sharing as appropriate in line with the Group’s information sharing agreements with external agencies
- Communication with Curriculum and Student Services Teams on student behaviour, identifying students with behaviour issues affecting their performance at College
- Liaison with specialist support services within the College to ensure that appropriate support is in place for Students as required
- Attend meetings with external agencies and parents as appropriate and follow up actions required
- Provide accurate, timely and detailed reporting on Student behaviour related matters and incidents
- Ensure that all Student behaviour related matters and concerns are recorded accurately on the Group’s Student Records System in a timely manner.
- Maintain records of all communications with parents, carers and external agencies.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of Students in line with the Group’s Policy, arrangements and legislation, raising concerns where appropriate.
- To promote inclusion and acceptance of all Students, working within the areas of own responsibility, in accordance with the aims of the Group’s Equality Policy, treating all individuals with respect for their diversity, culture and values.
- Participate in the Professional Development Programme and undertake training as required, including all areas of office technology.
- Work safely, consider the safety of others and work within the guidelines stated in the Group’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Be available to assist in enrolment procedures, which may require additional hours including evenings and weekends, for example during the Autumn Term.
- Work flexibly, which may include evenings, open days, parents’ evenings and occasional weekends.
- Perform other duties as may be required by the Principal, Director or Head of Student Services to ensure the efficient functioning of the College or Group.
- Enhanced DBS
- Experience of working with young people in a school or College setting
- An understanding of issues that may affect a Students ability to attend College and comply with appropriate standards of behaviour as set out in Group Policy.
- Knowledge and experience of Behaviour Management Techniques and behaviour interventions.
- Knowledge and experience of safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish positive and effective relationships with young people whilst maintaining appropriate personal boundaries
- Level 2 Qualification or equivalent to demonstrate good literacy and numeracy.
- Experience of IT and online administration systems
- Experience of Working with Student Records or similar data management systems.
- Strong communication skills, including advisory and persuasive skills, able to converse easily using English Language as the medium.
- Strong Listening Skills
- Ability to produce accurate and timely written reports and statements
- Ability to promote and ensure own good practice including maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to work successfully as an individual or as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours and attitudes
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 07442 626 815 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's