Student Support Advisor
|Job Title:||Student Support Advisor|
|Salary:||£19.95 - 19.95 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Emma Fisher|
|Job Published:||28 days ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Student Support Advisor to support our client based in Morden. This role is 36 hours per week and is a temp to perm role.
The post holder will be required to provide comprehensive and flexible support, information, advice, and guidance to learners to improve their likelihood of successful completion of their programme and progression into further education, training and/or employment.
The post holder will work in close liaison with students, staff, and external organisations to safeguard students and support them in achieving their full potential by offering holistic support, which is tailored to their needs. In addition, the post holder will be required to provide and support the provision of a range of activities to engage learners within the wider community of college life and the preparation for life in society.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide 1:1 support to a caseload of learners at risk of not completing their programme to re-engage learners with their studies and/or sign post them to other support services.
- Be part of the colleges Safeguarding Team, to carry out the role of Safeguarding Officer to take appropriate and timely action to safeguard students, providing a consistent and professional service. Identify and report Safeguarding concerns, using the College’s internal and external procedures and provide ongoing support to a caseload of students identified as at risk under the supervision of the Student Support coordinator and Head of Student Support Services
- Attend Child Protection or Child in Need case conferences as appropriate
- Carry out risk assessments, including mental health and criminal conviction assessments and produce support plans to minimise risk, in conjunction with curriculum/ external agencies/parents’ carers.
- Provide a range of information, support, advice and guidance and referral services to learners around issues, such as careers, progression opportunities, benefits, homelessness, childcare, sexual health and substance misuse etc.
- To work with tutors and progress coaches to identify those learners who are most ‘at risk’ of leaving their programme early and not achieving.
- Provide additional targeted support to a group/s of learners in terms of their attendance and punctuality.
- Work collaboratively with progress coaches to deliver a range of targeted workshops, including safeguarding to tutor groups in order to keep them safe and raise awareness of issues that can affect young people today
- Work collaboratively with progress coaches to develop initiatives as required to effectively meet the needs of identified ‘at risk’ students.
- Engage with learners within social spaces including the Common Room, Reception, the Canteen etc.
- Enhanced DBS
- Minimum 3 years proven experience working with vulnerable young people, using successful strategies with learners who are disengaged or disaffected in order to re-engage them with education or training or prevent them from dropping out of education
- Level 2 literacy/English and Maths or be willing to work towards and achieve within 6 months
- Strong IT skills to effectively market and record all service provision using applications such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, College intranet/website, Social media outlets, Pro-monitor/EBS as well as a willingness to undertake further training in the use of College software.
- Proven experience of working in a safeguarding capacity with young people and be able to demonstrate knowledge of safeguarding legislations and practices, in education.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Post 16 education services and the issues that transition from pre to post-16 education may have for young people or those have been out of formal education for a while.
- Demonstrate ability and have experience of delivering student workshops or tutorials to a diverse range of students.
- Experience of carrying out interviews, reviews and producing risk assessments and support plans
- Demonstrate you can work independently and in a team and have the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines whilst working in a pressured environment to successfully manage workload.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with a wide range of customers, along with experience of liaising with external agencies.
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 07442 626 815 or email email@example.com.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's