Substance Misuse Worker (Young Persons)
|Job Title:||Substance Misuse Worker (Young Persons)|
|Salary:||£14 - 18 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
JOB TITLE: Substance Misuse Worker (Young Persons)
LOCATION: Kingston & Richmond
PLACEMENT: ASAP, 36 hours per week
PAY RATE: PAYE from £14 per hour & Umbrella from £18 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking a Substance Misuse Worker (Young Persons) to provide services to a Health & Being Team based in Kingston & Richmond.
The clients Early Help includes a range of universal, targeted and statutory services alongside commissioned services. The following services form the clients Early Help: Youth Services, Children's Centres, Early Help Service, Family and Youth Resilience and Targeted Youth Support.
The Health and Well-being Hub sits within the Targeted Youth Support Service. The clients Early Help offer is based on strong evidence best practice and is underpinned by the assessment of need and locality model of working. The Early Help directorate enables effective partnership working, evidence based practice aligned to our practice model, and supports locally commissioned services across our geographical areas.
This role will work directly with young people who have been or who are still in the locally authority care system. You will provide direct interventions to young people to reduce the harm which problematic substance misuse causes. A strong partnership surrounds the child, and you will work on a multi agency care plan to achieve positive outcomes. This may also include providing training to professionals, housing providers and parents.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Educated at level 4 or above professional qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g youth work Children and Youth, Social Care, Education, Substance Misuse Qualifications)
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience of positively engaging and forming a relationship of trust with young people that have been faced with early childhood adversity and present challenging behaviour, including
engagement in risky behaviour such as offending, gangs, going missing, drug misuse
- Experience in working directly with young people who have misused substances
- Experience in working directly with young people who have been subject to the Leaving Care and or Looked After Process
- Experience in multi agency working, care planning and partnership working
- Experience in directly delivering interventions on a 1:1 basis
- Experience in providing training to small groups of young people, professionals and parents
- Knowledge of relevant theory that informs practice delivery.
- Experience of building strong partnerships, maintaining relationships and co-producing solutions to challenges across a diverse set of stakeholders, including children, young people and their families. Advocating the voices of those we are working with.
- Able to use a range of digital hardware or software to support your work effectively i.e. Microsoft or Google software.
- Strong organisational abilities including: time management, creative-thinking,
- Able to work flexibly and independently with limited management oversight
- DBS check
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available