Supervising Social Worker | Fostering Team | Dartford, Kent
We require an experienced Supervising Social Worker to work within a Fostering Team based in Dartford, Kent. To be successful for this role, you are required to have a minimum of 2 years recent Social Work experience of working within a Fostering team.
The successful Social Worker will have experience of:
- To act as the named Social Worker to provide supervision and support to designated foster carers. To carry a caseload of up to 15 carers.
- The supervising Social Worker’s first responsibility will be to the looked after child in placement.
- To undertake and complete comprehensive Form F assessments of foster carer applicants within a set timescale
- To ensure that the carer is informed of, and fully complies with, all standards, policies and guidance, including safe caring guidelines, agreed by UK Fostering.
- Provide appropriate support to the carers enabling them to achieve the fostering task.
- To make initial visits to the potential carers and undertake competency-based Assessments of applicants and prepare a report on their suitability using the BAAF form F format and present for approval to Fostering Panel.
- To update Form F for foster carers you are supervising.
- To participate in training of staff, foster carers and potential foster carers.
- To visit foster carers every fortnight and to complete pro-forma written report of each visit. To include record of any concerns expressed requests for additional support and how these are to be met.
- Ensure that foster carers are informed, and fully comply with all standards and policies and guidance including safe caring guidelines agreed by UK Fostering
- Complete and exchange with the child’s social worker all reports of relevance to the placement within the agreed time limits.
- Complete the report of each supervision meeting in accordance with UK Fostering proforma and exchange a copy with the carer and VFA.
To apply for this role you must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Be HCPC Registered
- Minimum of 2 years post qualifying in Social Work
Salary is £32,000 per year
4Recruitment Services is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and Healthcare professionals. We offer:
- An excellent referral scheme of £250 for each successfully placed referral
- Training opportunities and professional development
- One on one specialist Social Work consultant care based within your geographical area
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Ethan Leuii on 0208 911 1082.