Supervising Social Worker | Independent Fostering Agency | Chatham
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Permanent Supervising Social Worker to work as part of a dedicated Fostering team with our client based in Chatham.
The successful Fostering Social Worker will need -
- To provide regular support via telephone and supervisory visits to foster carers, as outlined in companies policy, including annual unannounced visits which are all recorded.
- To participate in the recruitment of potential carers and identify training needs of foster families and deliver training as required.
- To undertake Form F assessments of potential foster carers and annual foster carer reviews and present these to the fostering panel in line with company policies and procedures.
- To ensure the necessary risk assessments are done for foster carers.
- To work in line with SSSC Code of Practice.
- To sit on a fostering panel as required.
- To take responsibility together with line manager for their own professional development - supervision, appraisal and training.
To apply for this role you must have:
- Relevant Social work qualification - DipSW, CSS, CQSW, PQ Award
- Post qualifying experience which should be in family placement work or post qualifying experience in other child care settings.
- A good working knowledge of relevant legislation including:- Children Act 1995 and elated regulations and guidance; in particular Guidance on Looked After Children Regulations 2009 and the Adoption and Children Act 2007
- Minimum 2 years Experience
- HCPC Qualified
Salary is £29,000-32,000 per annum depending on experience.
The benefits from this client will include -
- 28 days holiday in your first year (bank holiday days are extra!).
- Long Service day awarded after every 3 years (up to 12 years).
- Birthday day off.
- Good Health days (if you have no sickness within a 6 month period you get a free day off).
- Auto Enrollment Pension Scheme.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Fostertalk membership.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Scheme.
- Private healthcare scheme.
- OOH Allowance.
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy and other similar vancancies around your area, please contact on 0208 911 1085.