|Job Title:||Support Worker|
|Salary:||£15.58 - 15.58 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Emma Fisher|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Support Worker to support our social housing client based in Loughborough.
The Support Worker is responsible for providing direct high quality integrated family support and childcare services to children and young people) as part of a family support/safeguarding plan, including kinship and foster carers, care leavers and Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- To work as part of an integrated team to provide a range of home/centre-based family support interventions that contribute to achieving an improvement in outcomes for children, young people and families and care leavers.
- To work as part of an integrated team providing support for young people regarding issues of housing, benefits, education, employment and independence.
- In Children in Care Service the support worker will work with care leavers over 18 years of age, holding a case load of young people to ensure continuing individual support with these issues.
- To be accountable for identified appropriate casework.
- To advise and guide parents and where relevant young people in managing household affairs, practical child care tasks, and other means of providing for the care of children. This may involve flexible work patterns including early mornings, early evenings and occasionally weekends.
- To contribute to safeguarding assessments and plans and report observations with regard to the standards of care provided by parents and report such observations to social workers, and Support and Assessment Workers.
- To provide necessary transport for children/young people and parents/carers when it is part of the child’s plan.
- To maintain accurate and up-to-date manual and electronic records as required by the Department.
- To meet Children’s Workforce Development Confederation induction Standards.
- To deliver registered childcare in accordance with relevant national standards.
- The nature of the work may involve the postholder carrying out work outside of normal working hours.
- The postholder may be required to attend, from time to time, training courses, conferences, seminars or other meetings as required by his/her own training needs and the needs of the service.
- Expenses will be paid in accordance with the Local Conditions of Service.
- Subject to review, the post may attract an essential user car allowance, and the postholder will be required to provide a car or lease a car from the Authority and to possess a valid driving licence.
- Enhanced DBS
- NVQ level 3 in childcare qualification (NNEB/NVQ3) or equivalent
- Previous experience of caring for children or young people in a personal, voluntary, or statutory capacity or experience of working to protect and improve the life changes of children or young people.
- Experience in a social care setting.
- Experience of working with service users from different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work unsociable and flexible hours.
- Able to travel to designated locations,
- Current driving licence and access to a car.
- Willing to undertake further training, attend meetings and supervision.
What we offer:
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 07442 626 815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available