|Job Title:||Support Worker|
|Salary:||£11.00 - 13.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
JOB TITLE: Support Worker
PLACEMENT: ASAP, 37.5 hours per week, rota basis
PAY RATE: PAYE from £11 per hour & UMBRELLA from £13.50 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Support Worker to provide care and support services to our client who has a site based in Guildford.
The client offers supported housing to those who are single, homeless or at risk of homelessness. Residents may have complex support needs, such as substance abuse, mental health issues or offending behaviour. The clients goal is to create greater independence and success in employment, education or training.
The Support Worker is responsible for the delivery of individual, positive outcome focused support packages to clients supported housing schemes and ensuring that the support service promotes empowerment and independence. It is imperative to work as part of a staff team committed to “best practice” in the social housing field working proactively with clients in achieving their personalised support outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensuring the delivery of individual personalised support packages, reflective of different client needs, including culture and diversity issues.
- Assisting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent, claiming benefits, preparing units to let.
- Knowledge of ‘best practice’ in both crisis intervention and planned support working. 5. Undertaking referrals and assessments of potential clients, working with them to identify the most appropriate housing solution for their needs.
- Ensuring clients have access to relevant external support services.
- Working with clients to agree and set goals and actions.
- Meeting clearly defined client outcome targets through key-working, support plans, risk assessments and other interventions.
- Ensuring that opportunities for education, training and employment opportunities are integral to the support service. The aim being to enable clients to develop the life skills to live as independently as possible.
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of all activities including the maintenance of a support planning database.
- Providing practical support and information to clients when entering the service and throughout their involvement with the service, e.g., assisting clients in the completion of occupancy agreements and welfare benefit claims.
- Report repairs and maintenance needs on behalf of the client following agreed procedures.
- Promote and encourage a high level of client involvement, consultation and communication
- Experience of working with vulnerable client groups.
- Experience of delivering structured support in either housing or social care.
- An understanding of the barriers faced by vulnerable and diverse customer groups and individuals with complex needs.
- Demonstrate initiative and confidence to make and act on decisions.
- Competent administrative and IT skills (to be able to produce reports and other communications).
- Enhanced DBS
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available