|Job Title:||Support Worker|
|Salary:||£11.24 - 11.24 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
JOB TITLE: Support Worker
PLACEMENT: to start ASAP, Rota Basis
PAY RATE: from £11.24 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking to recruit a Support Worker to provide care and support services to our client who is based in Guildford.
The Support Worker is responsible for the delivery of individual, positive outcome focused support packages to clients supported housing schemes and ensuring that the support service promotes empowerment and independence. It is imperative to work as part of a staff team committed to “best practice” in the social housing field working proactively with clients in achieving their personalised support outcomes.
The client uses Psychologically Informed Environments and Trauma Informed Care principles to support their customers to develop new ways of thinking and to make steps towards independence, by:
- · Co-producing bespoke support and move-on plans, involving key stakeholders (e.g. family/other support providers), where appropriate.
- · Organising and carrying out regular planned reviews of support and risk plans, or following an incident/significant change in a customer’s circumstances.
- · Engaging customers to meet agreed outcomes and develop life skills.
- · Assisting customers with day-to-day support and tenancy-related matters.
- · Identifying and promoting opportunities for employment, education and training and supporting customers to remove barriers to accessing these opportunities.
- · Signposting customers to appropriate external support services, including interventions such as food banks and other community resources.
- · Supporting customers to be ‘tenancy ready’ to enable successful move on.
- · Supporting customers to be financially independent through budgeting plans and maximising income. Supporting and monitoring customers’ healthcare needs, ensuring appropriate contact with healthcare professionals.
- · Empowering customers to move towards self-management of their medication by following the medication procedure. Leading on support initiatives including Group Work.
- · Ensure the safety of our customers by following local safeguarding procedures, recognizing and acting on any significant risk, and escalating appropriately. Record and update clear, factual, accurate, strengths based customer information on the local or appropriate digital platform.
- · Facilitate the referral process into the service and assess potential new customers.
- · Contribute to the delivery of a housing management service, including income collection and providing customers with tenancy-related support.
- · Work with customers to maintain a safe environment by reporting repairs and health and safety concerns
- · Clean and prepare rooms as appropriate.
- · Resolve difficult and challenging situations in a sensitive and informed way, balancing the needs of the individual with responsibilities for the safety of the service
- · Develop and maintain local partnerships to provide a holistic range of support for customers.
- · Carry out day-to-day administration and operational duties.
Please note this role will involve shift work on a rota basis (early, Late and long days shifts) including weekending and bank holidays
- High Understanding of the Trauma Informed Care tools and the application of principles of the Physiological Informed Environment. Knowledge of these two principles is needed.
- High understanding and knowledge of the Benefits system
- An understanding of the barriers faced by vulnerable and diverse customer groups and individuals with complex needs.
- Experience of delivering structured support and risk management.
- Previous experience in positively resolving incidents.
- Demonstrate initiative and confidence to make and act on decisions.
- Competent administrative and IT skills (to be able to produce reports and other communications).
- Desirable - Knowledge of Psychological or Trauma Informed approaches to support; Experience of working in challenging environments with the ability to plan, prioritise, organise tasks to achieve results; Knowledge of current benefit systems & Experience of working in a care and support environment.
- Enhanced DBS
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
Salary: £9.00 - 11.50 per hour
Residential Support Worker
Salary: £13.00 - 15.50 per hour
Senior Support worker
Salary: £11.74 - 11.74 per hour
Substance Misuse Worker (Young Persons)
Salary: £14 - 18 per hour
Public Health Intelligence Manager (Covid -19)
Salary: £33 per hour