|Job Title:||Support Worker|
|Salary:||£9.00 - 11.50 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Madison Yuill|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
JOB TITLE: Support Worker
LOCATION: Dundee, Scotland DD4 6QT
PLACEMENT: ASAP, 36 hours per week, rotas basis
PAY RATE: PAYE from £9.00 per hour & Umbrella from £11.50 per hour
4Recruitment Services are seeking Support Workers/Young Person Worker for our client based in Dundee. The role is to support young people aged 16 – 21 years old.
The client provides a diverse range of prevention and support services to young homeless people in the Dundee area. The mainstay of the service is to provide supported accommodation for 16 to 21 year olds who are homeless or threatened with homelessness. The client also provides individualised support to young people with disabilities. Tailor made support packages are developed to allow young people to live independently and enable them to thrive.
The service operates 24/7 providing a mixture of direct access and temporary accommodation for up to 24 young people across 3 sites.
The post holder will be expected to support young people from all walks of life to develop their independent living skills.
The post holder will take part in a 4 weekly rota, shifts will be from 12 noon to 8pm or 12 hour waking night shifts.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Take responsibility for the safety and security of young people & families
- Answer phones, take and communicate messages to the relevant staff member
- Answer and control the electronic door system
- Maintain the hygiene and cleanliness of all working areas, internal and external. Including Kitchen and bathroom areas.
- Engage with young people when required
- Carry out regular planned visits
- Enable young people to develop independent living skills and sustain a tenancy
- Support the staff team with planned support sessions, Cleaning & Shopping etc.
- Liaise with key staff, where appropriate, to enable the sustainment of a tenancy
- Work as part of the Dundee Youth Housing Service team.
- Work towards selected GIRFEC outcomes
- A knowledge of the issues and barriers facing homeless young people & family
- Experience of working with individuals aged 16 years +
- A knowledge of statutory and voluntary agencies
- A driving License and use of a car would be desirable
- DBS/PVG check
A full job description is available upon request.
- 24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy in further detail or any other vacancies , please contact our Team on 0800 988 6307 or email email@example.com.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available