Education Welfare Officer | Merton
4SocialWork requires an Education Welfare Officer who will work within Education Inclusion to deliver a service that enables pupils to receive their entitlement to education
The role of the Education Welfare Officer is to support families, pupils and schools in addressing all attendance matters, and where necessary, enforcing relevant legislation to ensure that children have the opportunity to meet the Every Child Matters Outcomes.
The successful Support Worker will have experience of:
- The ability to communicate orally and in writing in connection with the preparation of reports, weekly plans and daily records; telephone/face-to-face skills including tact and understanding.
- The ability to work methodically, prioritising work in order to meet given deadlines.
- Organisational and general administrative skills in connection with programming work and maintaining case files.
- The ability to make use of I.C.T. in the areas of responsibility
- Knowledge and experience to interpret and explain the requirements of relevant statutes.
- Knowledge of court procedures in relation to prosecutions, Penalty Notices, School Attendance Orders and Education Supervisions
- An understanding of the authority invested in an education welfare officer.
- The ability to record, collate and interpret statistics.
- The aptitude to perform an effective education welfare role by contributing to the establishment of good relationships between pupils, parents and schools.
- Awareness of the needs of children, parents/guardians, schools and the community.
To apply for this role you must have:
- Education to GCSE standard or equivalent, including a pass in English Language and mathematics.
- NVQ in Education Welfare, DipSW, CQSW or degree in a related field or an appropriate child or young person qualification.
- Previous experience of working in a child focused organisation.
- Previous experience of working as part of a team.
- Previous experience working in a multi-professional environment.
Salary is between £22ph.
4Social Work is a specialist recruitment agency for Qualified Social Workers and care professionals.
- Training opportunities and professional development
- One on one specialist Social Work consultant care based within your geographical area
- 4Social Work Employee Benefits Programme
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Social Work is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other Social Work vacancies in your area please contact Tiannah Love on 0208 514 9165.
Who Cares? We Do.