Support Worker - Guildford
|Job Title:||Support Worker - Guildford|
|Salary:||£11.24 - 11.24 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Parbej Miah|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Support Worker – Guildford
Full-Time (37 hours)
The support worker role will be based in Vaughan House, a long established homeless hostel in Guildford, the work is shifts (7:45am to 3:45pm; 10am to 6pm 12:15pm to 8:15pm) and will be expected to work every third weekend.
The applicant will be expected to hold one to one client meetings, support clients to achieve their goals, administration work, reception duties, answering telephone queries, responding to referrals, carrying out assessments, signposting clients to specialist agencies depending on needs.
This is not an exhausted list and there will be other duties related to support working in a homeless hostel.
- The delivery of individual, positive outcome focused support packages to clients of
- Riverside’s supported schemes.
- Ensuring that the support service promotes empowerment and independence.
- To be part of a staff team that is committed to ‘best practice’ in the social housing field.
- Work proactively with clients to achieving their personalised support outcomes.
- KEY TASKS
- Strategy and Service Development
- Delivering a ‘best practice’ support service, appropriate to clients’ needs.
- Ensuring the delivery of individual personalised support packages, reflective of different client needs, including culture and diversity issues.
- Assisting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent, claiming benefits, preparing units to let.
- Knowledge of ‘best practice’ in both crisis intervention and planned support working.
- Undertaking referrals and assessments of potential clients, working with them to identify the most appropriate housing solution for their needs.
- Ensuring clients have access to relevant external support services.
- Working with clients to agree and set goals and actions.
- Meeting clearly defined client outcome targets through key-working, support plans, risk assessments and other interventions.
- Ensuring that opportunities for education, training and employment opportunities are integral to the support service.
- The aim being to enable clients to develop the life skills to live as independently as possible.
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of all activities including the maintenance of a support planning database.
- Providing practical support and information to clients when entering the service and throughout their involvement with the service, e.g., assisting clients in the completion of occupancy agreements and welfare benefit claims.
- Working in line with ‘health and safety’ and safe guarding requirements to ensure the overall safety and security of the client.
- Report repairs and maintenance needs on behalf of the client following agreed procedures.
- Promote and encourage a high level of client involvement, consultation and communication.
- 24 hour one on one specialist social work consultant based within your geographical area
- 4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
- Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact ENTER CONSULTANT WITH NAME AND NUMBER
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available